OT - Syracuse area dinner recommendation for tomorrow night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT - Syracuse area dinner recommendation for tomorrow night

So where’d you go?

We wound up going out for drinks first at a local brew pub out in Manlius where I know the owners (All Who Wander, right near the Manlius Library), and then we went to Otro Cinco downtown. I was in the mood for a margy or two. Had a very nice meal, as well, and only got home a few minutes ago.

For future reference, posts in this thread got me to want to try Cintronelle down on Walton St., I've been meaning to go to a mano on Warren St. near my office, and I will give Francesca's another shot, based on the recent reviews.

Originally for tonight I had made a reservation at Daniella's, where I've never gone before. But after a late lunch and working a bit late, I felt a little too full for a whole steak dinner extravaganza, so we figured, let's get a couple drinks and see what we feel like.

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions!

We wound up going out for drinks first at a local brew pub out in Manlius where I know the owners (All Who Wander, right near the Manlius Library), and then we went to Otro Cinco downtown. I was in the mood for a margy or two. Had a very nice meal, as well, and only got home a few minutes ago.

For future reference, posts in this thread got me to want to try Cintronelle down on Walton St., I've been meaning to go to a mano on Warren St. near my office, and I will give Francesca's another shot, based on the recent reviews.

Originally for tonight I had made a reservation at Daniella's, where I've never gone before. But after a late lunch and working a bit late, I felt a little too full for a whole steak dinner extravaganza, so we figured, let's get a couple drinks and see what we feel like.

Thanks again to everyone for the suggestions!
We booked Citronelle for parents weekend after NC St. Will review.

VERY VERY underrated place and off the beaten path. This is a great choice
Took my girlfriend there. Very low key, impressive urban place. Great service, better food, and wont cost you a leg considering what dates/dinners cost these days

VERY VERY underrated place and off the beaten path. This is a great choice

I was taking a serious look at 317, but the reviews were very mixed, and several people took pictures. Some people had great meals, some had terrible ones.

Avoid Francesca’s, nice atmosphere but the food & service is horrible. What’s crazy is the owners brother owns Francesca’s in Liverpool which is more a pizza place but the food is far better and half the price.

Looking forward to hearing about it, Forza!
Ate there last night.

Food was really good.

Had four small plates:

Burrata
Seafood-filled ravioli
Octopus
Garlic Shrimp

Wife had Garlic shrimp and surf n turf (shudder - never order steak anywhere but a steakhouse) and daughter had steak (strip)

Small plates were really good except for the seafood-filled ravioli. Too dry. Octopus was tender. Burrata was not as creamy as I’m used to but it was good and the combination with burnt oranges worked. Shrimp is shrimp.

Not cheap. 250+ including tip for the three of us but that was skewed higher because of my wife and daughter’s meals.

Definitely worth a try.

Avoid Francesca’s, nice atmosphere but the food & service is horrible. What’s crazy is the owners brother owns Francesca’s in Liverpool which is more a pizza place but the food is far better and half the price.

I can’t disagree more with this entire statement.

To each his own I guess. It’s people like you that make Olive Garden a profitable restaurant.

1ioaop.jpg

had another nice simple meal at the copper top before the game.. simple and not too expensive.