OT: Syracuse area golfer has hole-in-one using putter | Syracusefan.com

OT: Syracuse area golfer has hole-in-one using putter

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Pat is a buddy of mine. It doesn't surprise me at all as he is a very unortodox golfer, along the lines of Happy Gilmore. I nearly had an ace on the same hole last year using a chipper, the pitch mark was 1 inch from the hole. Two other acquaintances had aces last week, guess I missed out on some free beverages.:confused:

The Story

Hole 6 at Millstone? You could kick the ball off the tee and it would roll down the hill and reach the green. :)

That cliff is crazy dangerous. I've almost flipped a cart twice trying to meander down that slope. And, the guy in the group that decided to use his 180 yd club on a 90 yard downhill hole? Yikes...

Congratulations to Pat. Unusual guys deserve unusual holes in one.

I love that hole -- have come within 4" of hole-in-one a few times there ... it is such a tease ;) I really enjoy Millstone all in all as well ... nice course

I love that hole -- have come within 4" of hole-in-one a few times there ... it is such a tease ;) I really enjoy Millstone all in all as well ... nice course
Have you ever walked the front side?

I once carried my bag, played nine holes, found 100 golf balls, cleaned them all, started to leave, then turned around and played a total of 72 holes at Camillus. I'm not sure if in my hay day I could have walked that front nine at Millstone on a regular basis.

Pat is a buddy of mine. It doesn't surprise me at all as he is a very unortodox golfer, along the lines of Happy Gilmore. I nearly had an ace on the same hole last year using a chipper, the pitch mark was 1 inch from the hole. Two other acquaintances had aces last week, guess I missed out on some free beverages.:confused:

I once birdied two successive holes by chipping up steep hills out of tall grass with a putter each time. That has to count for something. (They were rented clubs, and the putter was the only club in the bag that I liked, so I figured "what the heck." )