OT: Syracuse.com is a stone-throw away from becoming just another SU sports blog | Syracusefan.com

OT: Syracuse.com is a stone-throw away from becoming just another SU sports blog

44PRIDE

All Conference
Has anyone ventured over there lately? Its sad to see whats become of the local paper. Nearly 80% of their front page is dedicated to sports with nearly zero coverage of local news stories. They have basically transformed themselves into a glorified SU sports blog.

It's a sinking ship over there. It really seems like the people manning the rudder have no idea what they are doing.

It's brutal. Cohen is awful and the woman who was doing lax articles had no idea what she was talking about.

Not to mention the Syracuse.com iPhone app. Ever since the "new" company took over, it literally has 2 or 3 new stories on it and then the rest of the stories are 2, 3, 4+ days old. What a joke.

Not to mention the Syracuse.com iPhone app. Ever since the "new" company took over, it literally has 2 or 3 new stories on it and then the rest of the stories are 2, 3, 4+ days old. What a joke.
Right!? And this after they ran a story the day of the changeover hyping their apps and the new format. It's an embarrassment.

Totally agree; they barely cover the news throughout the day and their forum is a joke. It's literally a cesspool, 4chan her more civil conversation than that place.

Can't argue with much of what's been said (my family ties to the paper/media non-withstanding)... But I will say this... They are still the big boys in town with money, paying reporters to dig up info that is largely unavailable to us (sans the few insiders).

Cohen needs to step up his game for sure. Good writer - but needs to wander around here more ;).

Can't argue with much of what's been said (my family ties to the paper/media non-withstanding)... But I will say this... They are still the big boys in town with money, paying reporters to dig up info that is largely unavailable to us (sans the few insiders).

Cohen needs to step up his game for sure. Good writer - but needs to wander around here more ;).

He needs to dive into the Sub-Standard vaults and read past Dave Rahme articles. He'd learn a lot.

They probably looked at the numbers and realized that the only stories that get any substantial"hits" are the sports stories so they are putting all there attention, resources, and focus on those stories to drive traffic to the site.

I don't agree with that logic but its clearly what they are doing.

Related: two weeks in, I really miss the newspaper on a daily basis. I get most of my news online, but the PS was always my starting point. I'm getting far less local news, as I don't read syracuse.com, and have only ventured onto ePS a couple of times.

Better hope it's more than a blog. It's really our only news source for SU sports.

its a whole lot harder to read the paper when doing a deuce now that you have to have a computer screen and keyboard-

its a whole lot harder to read the paper when doing a deuce now that you have to have a computer screen and keyboard-

Smart. Phone. + this forum = 100% increase in um, bathroom time.

Well Warren Buffet is busy buying newspapers. Maybe someone should contact him. ;)

dam i drag my desktop in every time-

my cell phone cant do the interweb and i refuse to upgrade

dam i drag my desktop in every time-

my cell phone cant do the interweb and i refuse to upgrade
I hope you have one of these
371257009_544.jpg

Prefer the iPad myself. But a laptop will also do.

Me too, not just because it's easy to use/read, but also because my wife is less likely to use it if I'm bringing it to my 2nd office.

Me too, not just because it's easy to use/read, but also because my wife is less likely to use it if I'm bringing it to my 2nd office.
bathroom = chip's 2nd office
bathhouse = chip's 1st office

I still get the paper at home on Tues-Thurs-Sun. Nothing like spending 30 minutes on the can with a paper in hand.