OT: Syracuse on the Food Network in a few min | Syracusefan.com

OT: Syracuse on the Food Network in a few min

Eric15

Living Legend
"A Syracuse cafe that specializes in Mediterranean cuisine" is being featured on the season premiere of DD&D in a few minutes.

Facebook told me a few days ago that DD&D was stopping by Funk'N'Waffles. was that true?

He filmed at funk and waffles, pastabilities, byblos and empire brewery in a couple days. All of those episodes will be coming during the season. He went to kitty hoynes as well just remembered.

He filmed at funk and waffles, pastabilities, byblos and empire brewery in a couple days. All of those episodes will be coming during the season. He went to kitty hoynes as well just remembered.
Kitty Hoynes episode was on a couple of weeks ago.

Not that I'm complaining, but why the hell is he spending so much time on Syracuse eateries?

Especially when he's not going to Dinosaur? I realize Dino doesn't technically fit the bill of course because it is so famous, but it could certainly still qualify as a "dive."

Not that I'm complaining, but why the hell is he spending so much time on Syracuse eateries?

Especially when he's not going to Dinosaur? I realize Dino doesn't technically fit the bill of course because it is so famous, but it could certainly still qualify as a "dive."
I think he was at Dino a few years ago.

There have been like 4 different food network specials on dino bbq. And booby flay talks about dino all the time which is cool. Freakin girl i dated for years was the last girl they showed on the byblos episode...havent seen her in ages and im like oh What she had to ruin this episode for me. Haha

There have been like 4 different food network specials on dino bbq. And booby flay talks about dino all the time which is cool. Freakin girl i dated for years was the last girl they showed on the byblos episode...havent seen her in ages and im like oh What she had to ruin this episode for me. Haha
Yeah but the Dino that Flay talks about is the one in Harlem.

And I don't think Fieri has been there, but Adam Richman certainly has.

All the locations were filmed in the same weekend when he was here for the fair this past summer.

Yeah but the Dino that Flay talks about is the one in Harlem.

And I don't think Fieri has been there, but Adam Richman certainly has.
Bobby Flay mentions that it originated in Syracuse. He talked about it on food network star and again on another special. Adam Richtman was there as well yea. And of course man vs food which is travel channel.

Eva's European Sweets also shown on DD&D. Its a Polish restaurant on Milton in or near Solvay.

Are any of these places in walking distance of the dome?

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Define walking distance.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Facebook told me a few days ago that DD&D was stopping by Funk'N'Waffles. was that true?

I believe the Funk 'n Waffles episode premieres Monday, December 24th, 2012.

Only Funk 'n Waffles. They're near Marshall Street, so that's an actual S.U. hangout. The rest are downtown. Kitty Hoynes & Pastabilities are in Armory Square, and Byblos is over by the newspaper's building, close to Dino.