OT: Tailgate preferences | Syracusefan.com

OT: Tailgate preferences

FAL

No comment.
Purely as a mental exercise: if only one brand of beer could be served at an SU tailgate (and taking in mind that it should appeal to the largest percentage of fans as possible), what would you recommend?

northacuse said:
Purely as a mental exercise: if only one brand of beer could be served at an SU tailgate (and taking in mind that it should appeal to the largest percentage of fans as possible), what would you recommend?

Appealing to the masses means usually a well-known flavorless beer like a Bud or Bud Light/ Labatts or Blue Light. For a SU tailgate I'd go with a local craft beer like Syracuse Pale Ale from Middle Ages or Saranac lager

Appealing to the masses means usually a well-known flavorless beer like a Bud or Bud Light/ Labatts or Blue Light. For a SU tailgate I'd go with a local craft beer like Syracuse Pale Ale from Middle Ages or Saranac lager

Great minds think alike--I was thinking SPA myself--great name; great colors on the label; great tasting brew. I even gave one to a WV fan at the Pinstripe two years ago--he even said he liked it. But realistically, SPA would, I think, garner a smaller percentage than other beers. Any more realists out there?

We start our tailgates with Syracuse Pale Ale, then switch to the "official" beer of our tailgates, PBR.

Very manly! I'm impressed. But what if you could only choose one?

northacuse said:
Very manly! I'm impressed. But what if you could only choose one?

Then I guess we are going with the Blue Ribbon

Great minds think alike--I was thinking SPA myself--great name; great colors on the label; great tasting brew. I even gave one to a WV fan at the Pinstripe two years ago--he even said he liked it. But realistically, SPA would, I think, garner a smaller percentage than other beers. Any more realists out there?

It all depends if you have tailgaters with any taste :)

A pale ale or lager (in my opinion) would be the most appealing style to the masses. Choosing one that tastes good like SPA to me is better than picking a crappier beer.

Disagree. Just because it's an informal gathering doesn't mean that you have to drink piss beer.
im insulted that you called BudLight piss beer.

i prefer to call it the Champagne of Shitty Beers.

i love craft beer, i just cant drink it when im on my way into a football game.

tailgating is a sport...and filling your gut up with something too filling, ruins ones ability to properly perform in the gameday atmosphere.

LaBatt's Blue/Light is my "go to" beer to serve the masses. I can get a 30 pack for the price of 2-6 packs of blueberry infused porter wit craft brew.

BTW, I saw Shiner Bock at the Price Chopper in Watertown a few weeks ago. I see that coming to the Fine Lot this Fall. If TM offers you a Shiner Bock: Do not refuse him and be grateful you are deemed worthy.

im insulted that you called BudLight piss beer.

i prefer to call it the Champagne of Shitty Beers.

i love craft beer, i just cant drink it when im on my way into a football game.

tailgating is a sport...and filling your gut up with something too filling, ruins ones ability to properly perform in the gameday atmosphere.

Then why do you do it? I can drink 4 craft brews at 6% for the same gameday buzz as you would get by drinking 6 brews at 4%. You are consuming many more ounces of sloshy liquid. And honestly any HFCS beer shouldn't even be in this discussion. Corn Syrup is for soda. Beer should be Malted Barley, Hops, Water, and Yeast. Go do some research on American adjunct lagers. Adjunct = add junk. There's a reason why it's cheap and tastes like cooked corn.

LaBatt's Blue/Light is my "go to" beer to serve the masses. I can get a 30 pack for the price of 2-6 packs of blueberry infused porter wit craft brew.

Try a strong ale like Wailing Wench. It's amazing. No fruit. Fruit is for salad bowls.

Answer is SPA. It's Syracuse Pale Ale. There is no better beer for a SU game. It has an orange and blue label. Done.

I was going to bring up Bud Light, but didn't want to get called out. Now that all the heat is on UEO, i'll toss it out.

I totally agree. I love trying new beers. But a tailgate is the last place I want to show up, and taste a new beer, not like it, and be stuck with it.

Plus, you try eating 6 sausages while drinking all day with any other beer besides budlight. You're gonna get full, son!

Got to go along with SPA, but the Saranac Octoberfest we had at the Clemson game was very good.

TexanMark said:
Stuck in the 70's

If only we could be.

If only we could be.
Well if it is a 70's party...I have some Matt's. Anyone have a beer ball tap?

I know this will be very unpopular, but you can never have enough Negra Modelo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom