OT: Tailgate preferences | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Tailgate preferences

Well if it is a 70's party...I have some Matt's. Anyone have a beer ball tap?

Oh boy. I remember those!

Got to go along with SPA, but the Saranac Octoberfest we had at the Clemson game was very good.
I concur. Perfect to wash down those stuffed peppers! Now my mouth is watering, can't wait til fall.

Then why do you do it? I can drink 4 craft brews at 6% for the same gameday buzz as you would get by drinking 6 brews at 4%. You are consuming many more ounces of sloshy liquid. And honestly any HFCS beer shouldn't even be in this discussion. Corn Syrup is for soda. Beer should be Malted Barley, Hops, Water, and Yeast. Go do some research on American adjunct lagers. Adjunct = add junk. There's a reason why it's cheap and tastes like cooked corn.
1st of all, BudLight Platinum is 6% if I wanted to go the high octane route, but if someone at your Tailgate doesn't have a bottle of good tequila to be passed around to jump start the buzz, then that's another gameday failure.

2nd, i dont care what you say or who you threaten to call, no matter how often or how much you prescribe homework on here...I'm going to refuse to do it.

If we were still loaded with nooners, I'd say Smithwicks. By my own labeling, it is The Breakfast Beer®

Then why do you do it? I can drink 4 craft brews at 6% for the same gameday buzz as you would get by drinking 6 brews at 4%. You are consuming many more ounces of sloshy liquid. And honestly any HFCS beer shouldn't even be in this discussion. Corn Syrup is for soda. Beer should be Malted Barley, Hops, Water, and Yeast. Go do some research on American adjunct lagers. Adjunct = add junk. There's a reason why it's cheap and tastes like cooked corn.

If you drink 4 beers over a 3 hour tailgate, you are going to be drinking p!ss warm garbage no matter what you are drinking. (unless you guys put ice cubes in your fancy beer)

My bud lights dont have time to get warm. because it's gone, and there's a cold one in the cooler

If you drink 4 beers over a 3 hour tailgate, you are going to be drinking p!ss warm garbage no matter what you are drinking. (unless you guys put ice cubes in your fancy beer)

My bud lights dont have time to get warm. because it's gone, and there's a cold one in the cooler
Beer snobs, huh Troop?

LaBatt's Blue/Light is my "go to" beer to serve the masses. I can get a 30 pack for the price of 2-6 packs of blueberry infused porter wit craft brew.

BTW, I saw Shiner Bock at the Price Chopper in Watertown a few weeks ago. I see that coming to the Fine Lot this Fall. If TM offers you a Shiner Bock: Do not refuse him and be grateful you are deemed worthy.

What!?! No Pearl Light??? The horror of it all!

Answer is SPA. It's Syracuse Pale Ale. There is no better beer for a SU game. It has an orange and blue label. Done.

Amen, brother, Amen!

(But I gotta try to be objective because I started this debate in the first place.)

Beer snobs, huh Troop?

I mean, I have no beef with people that like micro brews, all that good stuff. If I found one that I liked, I'd prolly drink the hell out of it too. But man, I've legit had people talk to me about the flavor of beer I like. Its crazy. Drives me nuts. Unless I walk over and start chugging your beer, we shouldn't even be talking about the kind of beer in our hands. I don't give a crap where either of our beers are made, what kind of hops, I don't even know what a hop is.

All I know is, If you see Cusetroop, there is a 100% chance that there is a cooler full of budlight within arms reach, and no, you don't have to ask if you can have one. Go ahead and dig in. Just don't complain because it doesn't taste like chocolate sun fire rainbows.

Last edited:
If you were tailgate dictator, what would be the "official" SU tailgate brew?

( I like where this thread is going!)

If you were tailgate dictator, what would be the "official" SU tailgate brew?

( I like where this thread is going!)

See, this will never work. Everyone is going to just mention their favorite beer, and we are back to square one.

So here is what we are going to do.

Lets separate the men from the boys.

Jack & Coke for 3 hours. drink whatever you want in the dome.

Problem solved.

Tailgating means drinking all day (hopefully in the sun). Usually, we go with Coors Light. I drink real beer at home but find Coors Light can be consumed all day without getting too ripped and about 1/2 of our group would never drink good beer anyways. I bought some Shaefer last year for obvious reasons but we lost the game so I didn't do that again.

Last edited:
Try a strong ale like Wailing Wench. It's amazing. No fruit. Fruit is for salad bowls.

Pyle: I don't have a problem with craft brews as a whole. I'm actually glad they are bringing choice and variety not seen since before Prohibition...however, for me as Tailgate Guy...I have to serve the masses.

If you are just buying beer for a few..knock yourself out...but when you need beer for dozens...>LaBatt's, Bud Light, Coors Light, UC, Genny, etc...

I have to find a balance between cost and taste. And as others have pointed out...I want to drink for a few hours and still have my senses to me going through the turnstile.

I'll chime in here.

I'd start with Miller Lite, or the SU Alum nostalgia of Labatts Blue or Blue Light. I still rely on the old standby of SPA though, I usually stock up on a few cases to bring back to NJ and hopefully last for a season of away games.

Last edited:
See, this will never work. Everyone is going to just mention their favorite beer, and we are back to square one.

Problem solved.

That's a college kid's drink.

Problem solved.

Sorry, Troop! Beer only. 15 yard penalty: illegal reference. 1st and 25.

Replay confirms that Kaiser made similar reference to that Mexican hooch: automatic three game suspension.

You have been warned!

Sorry, Troop! Beer only. 15 yard penalty: illegal reference. 1st and 25.

Replay confirms that Kaiser made similar reference to that Mexican hooch: automatic three game suspension.

You have been warned!

I protest the call, and ask that the ref be deported.

Sir, Jack Daniels hails from a grant land called the United States of America, and don't you forget it.

;)
I protest the call, and ask that the ref be deported.

Sir, Jack Daniels hails from a grant land called the United States of America, and don't you forget it.

That's the only reason you weren't thrown out of the game! Don't press your luck, Troop!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom