OT: Tebowmania is over in NY... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Tebowmania is over in NY...

Just curious, what type of players exactly would you draft that would be so different than the ones the Broncos had? Count me in the we won despite Tebow camp. Our D had to hold the opponent to 10 or less the whole game, then cue up the circus music in the 4th, score one td and a fg and we win or go to OT.

I think Demaryius Thomas fits the mold pretty well, actually. I think Tavon Austin would be an ideal fit for the offense due to his ability to bust it wide and play numerous positions. That offense would rely on big plays due to the confusion and versatility of it. If you had Tebow lined up at QB, say Tavon Austin at slot/receiver in motion, LaMichael James or Jamaal charles in the backfield, it would be tough to line up against it. Charles is also a good receiver out of the backfield. Also throw in Demaryius Thomas on the outside to keep the defense honest (like the Steelers did not do) and then have a versatile player like an Antwaan Randle El or Brad Smith as another receiver, and you can throw a myriad of plays at someone. Then have the solid receiver in Decker. At TE grad someone like a Jared Cook who can play the field vertically and is athletic. You are going to have to find athletic and quick lineman as opposed to the maulers.

QB: Tebow
RB: Jammal Charles and a LaMichael James
Slot: Tavon Austin (obviously wouldn't be limited to slot) Or you could add Dexter Mccluster if he wasn't so injury prone
WR: Damarius Thomas
WR: Eric Decker
WR: Brad Smith
TE: Jared Cook

I just think it would be an extremely fun offense to watch. Once again though, I don't want my team to be the experimental group with it because Tebow is such a wildcard on the field.

Ironically, MTV used to have a show named Two-A-Days and they were a powerhouse high school football team in I think Alabama, Georgia, or Mississippi. They won multiple state championships but they played this hyped up team and they were holding up pictures of the quarterback who was supposed to be amazing and getting all sorts of D1 offers. It ended up being Tim Tebow and they actually beat him.

Tebow has been in the spotlight for a while. I wish some team would build a playmaking offense in the no huddle around him. I think it would be exciting to watch. That said, I do not want my team to be the team that takes a chance on that, haha.

Two a Days was a really good show. The school was Hoover High School in Alabama.

I am disappointed he is gone. The Tebow hating was an exhilarating time for me, especially since the Jets don't have much else to offer. As a life long Jets fan I laughed so hard when they brought him in -- even a blind man could see he was finished once he landed with the Jets. Between the dysfunction of the Jets organization and a media bent on seeing his faith-fueled antic fizzle in atheist town USA there was no way he was going to succeed. But he did what entertainment professionals should do and that is entertain. Sorry to see you go 'bow.

Does anyone really care?

I mean all this hype over a guy who's never had the throwing mechanics necessary for the speed of the NFL game??

You can't even say he's a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf or whomever, since most pundits had his throwing mechanics as a huge red flag before he arrived in the NFL... it's not a bust if the expectation is failure.

Will go down as the biggest hype over a no-count player in history, however.

In conclusion to those long debates that went a couple years ago...I say this:

:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom