OT: The Linsanity continues! | Syracusefan.com

OT: The Linsanity continues!

mark79

Doughnut connoisseur
Someone had to start this thread. That game was outrageous yesterday. Seems like the magic is back at MSG...

(mumbling about wothless existence of a pro-sports board if no one uses it)

Unless it is about Carmelo, then its kosher.;)

Everyone's favorite "chink in armor" strikes again!

Some are saying he is a product of the system .. probably both. Whatever, its just fantastic that the Knicks are looking so much better than before Linsanity.

I'm just glad to have a relevant pro basketball team in new york again. When was the last time the knicks beat the lakers and the mavericks in a two week span?

JR Smith brought some sick swagger to this team. He and Lin looked amazing together. JR also played GREAT defense. If he plays team ball and defense then hes gotta start. Lin, JR, Melo, Amare, Chandler is the nastiest lineup in the league. Miami has the 2 best players but 1-5 the Knicks are better and we have a better bench. Baron, Iman, Landry, JJ, Jorts, Novak. This team is freakin loaded! I dvr'ed the game yesterday and MSG was electric.

Can Lin keep it up? 8-1. Can Lin beat a big name team? Lakers. Can Lin beat a good team? Dallas. Can Lin beat a top 5 defensive team? Dallas. Bye haters, Lin is for real.

JR Smith brought some sick swagger to this team. He and Lin looked amazing together. JR also played GREAT defense. If he plays team ball and defense then hes gotta start. Lin, JR, Melo, Amare, Chandler is the nastiest lineup in the league. Miami has the 2 best players but 1-5 the Knicks are better and we have a better bench. Baron, Iman, Landry, JJ, Jorts, Novak. This team is freakin loaded! I dvr'ed the game yesterday and MSG was electric.

Can Lin keep it up? 8-1. Can Lin beat a big name team? Lakers. Can Lin beat a good team? Dallas. Can Lin beat a top 5 defensive team? Dallas. Bye haters, Lin is for real.

As a LeBron/Heat fan, I'm really happy to see a competitive team in Gotham again. Really lookin' forward to Thursday night when Lin, et al., take their talents to South Beach. Lotta excitement, big ratings, giddy-up!

As a LeBron/Heat fan, I'm really happy to see a competitive team in Gotham again. Really lookin' forward to Thursday night when Lin, et al., take their talents to South Beach. Lotta excitement, big ratings, giddy-up!
Not sure were quite ready to beat you guys in South Beach the way you're playing, considering we will have 3 days to integrate Melo into this offense assuming he comes back tonight. However, we definately have a shot Thursday and by the end of the year I think the 4 best teams in the NBA will be Miami/Chicago/NYK/OKC.

I think we match up well with the Heat. In terms of minutes played I see the matchups as:
Lin-Chalmers
JR-Wade
Melo-LBJ
STAT-J. Anthony
Chandler-Bosh

We may have Baron back which imo, gives us a better bench than the Heat with Baron, Iman, Landry, Novak, JJ. *Landry may start but JR plays more minutes and plays end of games.

Miami has the 2 best players but the Knicks top 5 are just sick now.

Curious as to how Miami will defend us. LBJ and Wade are probably going to want to stay on Melo and JR Smith which would leave Lin one on one vs Chalmers.

Just feels like the Heat need ONE more guy...someone steady off the bench. If either Bron or Wade are off...they will not beat good teams in the post season. Wade struggled against Chicago last year and they were barely able to pull out those games...thanks only to Lebron shutting down D Rose. Not sure they can rely on that.

I think the Knicks can push them to 7 in the playoffs... Melo is going to need to committ to defense.

Just feels like the Heat need ONE more guy...someone steady off the bench. If either Bron or Wade are off...they will not beat good teams in the post season. Wade struggled against Chicago last year and they were barely able to pull out those games...thanks only to Lebron shutting down D Rose. Not sure they can rely on that.

I think the Knicks can push them to 7 in the playoffs... Melo is going to need to committ to defense.
Melo will. He plays defense when he wants to.

The Heat struggle guarding the perimeter and rebounding. Smith and Chandler could kill them in those departments.

I think if it's close down the stretch then Miami puts Wade on Lin. How do you mean Miami struggles to guard the perimeter? Just point guards? They have 2 of the best wing defenders in the league. (And even if you just mean PG, you might want to ask Derrick Rose what he thinks about that).

I'm not yet convinced the Knicks are going to end up in Miami or Chicago's class.

I think if it's close down the stretch then Miami puts Wade on Lin. How do you mean Miami struggles to guard the perimeter? Just point guards? They have 2 of the best wing defenders in the league. (And even if you just mean PG, you might want to ask Derrick Rose what he thinks about that).

I'm not yet convinced the Knicks are going to end up in Miami or Chicago's class.
By their fans own admission, they have trouble guarding the three ball. Thats why I think JR Smith is huge for us against them.

Let's not forget Chris Bosh. He's having a good year, is in the All-Star game, fwiw.

Also, Haslem and Miller are healthy -- Haslem didn't play last year till the playoffs -- and, then, there's Battier.

And also if they put Wade on Lin, I think JR kills Chalmers. I love JR's game, ive always been a fan and I think hes matured alot and hes going to do big things for the Knicks.

By their fans own admission, they have trouble guarding the three ball. Thats why I think JR Smith is huge for us against them.

Got it. They are towards the bottom of the league, allowing about 36%, and they have allowed the most attempts in the league.

And also if they put Wade on Lin, I think JR kills Chalmers. I love JR's game, ive always been a fan and I think hes matured alot and hes going to do big things for the Knicks.

Maybe. (Hopefully). But I think if I am coaching the Heat, I would need to stop Lin first and worry about JR second.

Only big worry I have is Lin's turnovers against Miami. They will go globetrotters on us off every turnover.

Wade and Lebron in the open floor...scariest duo since ___________???

I can't remember any non point guards running and creating in transition better than these two.

I can't remember any non point guards running and creating in transition better than these two.

Maybe Michael and scottie? Maybe not even them. Those 2 are unbelievable.

Let's go to the videotape...

Saw this on the SI webpage this morning. Pretty funny.

120220.03.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom