OT: The most beautiful place in each of NY's 62 counties. | Syracusefan.com

OT: The most beautiful place in each of NY's 62 counties.

cliftonparksufan

Iggy Award Czar/Co 2020-21 Iggy Award Winner PPG
I can't believe that I have only been to a small handful of these so I guess I have some work to do. But this is great for anyone who asks why people would want to live in NYS. And it's a great article because it's all on one page and you don't have to scroll through 62 different pages.

The most beautiful place in each of New York's 62 counties

I can't believe that I have only been to a small handful of these so I guess I have some work to do. But this is great for anyone who asks why people would want to live in NYS. And it's a great article because it's all on one page and you don't have to scroll through 62 different pages.

I’d love to go to some of them right now, but my friggin car is encased in ice, and the roads probably are too.

From May to October, NY is pretty awesome.

Theres a lot of other places to see in Herkimer county besides Little Falls. Same with Montgomery Country and the Mohawk River. Schoharie Crossing and Beardslee Castle are the first two that come to mind. I’m guessing this article was written to help promote tourism in NY based on the locations picked.

Theres a lot of other places to see in Herkimer county besides Little Falls. Same with Montgomery Country and the Mohawk River. Schoharie Crossing and Beardslee Castle are the first two that come to mind. I’m guessing this article was written to help promote tourism in NY based on the locations picked.

Right. Old Forge tops Little Falls in that category any day.

Really weird ... the "most beautiful" place in both Queens and Kings Counties ... is a view of Manhattan? I don't think they tried very hard to find a Queens or Brooklyn place.

Also, Montauk Point is much more beautiful in Suffolk Country ... than some random Long Island Sound beach. If you're going to pick a beach ... at least pick one on the ocean.

Last edited:
Was happy to see Castle Rock on the list. A fun, relatively easy hike with a spectacularly rewarding view at the top.

Really weird ... the "most beautiful" place in both Queens and Kings Counties ... is a view of Manhattan? I don't think they tried very hard to find a Queens or Brooklyn place.

I thought the same thing but it's hard to argue about the view of the NYC skyline at night. When I was younger I used to have that iconic photo of the Brooklyn Bridge with the NY skyline.

I thought the same thing but it's hard to argue about the view of the NYC skyline at night. When I was younger I used to have that iconic photo of the Brooklyn Bridge with the NY skyline.
Making that curve on the BQE at night when Manhattan is revealed, is unbelievable. Prospect Park is nice though.

Meh, better looking places in Dutchess county than the Gardens

I have worked in Southern Dutchess for over 2 decades, and I'd never even heard of that place, until this article.
Yes - there surely numerous other options they could have gone with.

I’m guessing this article was written to help promote tourism in NY based on the locations picked.

The same reason these lists are always made on any topic...grist for internet outrage and H0T Takes.

Also, Montauk Point is much more beautiful in Suffolk Country ... than some random Long Island Sound beach. If you're going to pick a beach ... at least pick one on the ocean.
I agree. I would have picked Montauk as well. I have been on the BQE at night and seen the view of lower Manhattan, but from what people say Greenwood Cemetery or Prospect Park in Brooklyn are supposed to be really be the most beautiful places in that county.

Orange County's was a joke. West Point should have been the selection.
Everyone of them is very debatable. But, the point was that it's a beautiful state. People that move away, talk about how they miss the four seasons and the colors. And, for my choice for Albany County, I would not have picked the capital but I would have picked this view of the Empire State Plaza taken at Thacher Park. It's a beautiful view. And for Saratoga County, I would have definitely picked a view of the Saratoga Race Course in the morning. Nothing beats that.
thacher-park-view-cliff_3054efc4-5056-a36a-0b33ce447d671890.jpg

trackmorning.jpg

Everyone of them is very debatable. But, the point was that it's a beautiful state. People that move away, talk about how they miss the four seasons and the colors. And, for my choice for Albany County, I would not have picked the capital but I would have picked this view of the Empire State Plaza taken at Thacher Park. It's a beautiful view. And for Saratoga County, I would have definitely picked a view of the Saratoga Race Course in the morning. Nothing beats that.

trackmorning.jpg
Yaddo, and the whole backstory, is pretty neat, and hardly anyone knows it's sitting there as they drive past on Union Avenue. Well worth a visit, and I always try to get there when I'm in town for the races.
2017-08-11 22.14.33.jpg

2018-04-15 22.10.56.jpg

Yaddo, and the whole backstory, is pretty neat, and hardly anyone knows it's sitting there as they drive past on Union Avenue. Well worth a visit, and I always try to get there when I'm in town for the races.
View attachment 126466
View attachment 126467
I know it well. I got married there 21 years ago on a beautiful July afternoon.

trackmorning.jpg

And that top photo is the spot of conception boys and girls. Why do parents share these things?