OT: The most beautiful place in each of NY's 62 counties. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: The most beautiful place in each of NY's 62 counties.

Nice. Been to 21 of them. Not bad.

If I had a map, other than Niagara Falls, I likely could’ve drawn a line right down from Lake Ontario to Pennsylvania somewhere around Rochester.

I need to see that eternal flame out in Erie...had no idea.

I swear, my dad must’ve had a book of these things for ‘Sunday Drives’ to take back in the 70s & 80s.

If I had a map, other than Niagara Falls, I likely could’ve drawn a line right down from Lake Ontario to Pennsylvania somewhere around Rochester.

I need to see that eternal flame out in Erie...had no idea.

I swear, my dad must’ve had a book of these things for ‘Sunday Drives’ to take back in the 70s & 80s.

I hiked to the eternal flame last year around this time. There's a parking area not too far from it, so it's a short hike but it can be a bit treacherous at the end, since the path basically ends and you're walking up a creek through the middle of a gorge. It's a really cool thing to see in person and you almost assume it's fake, but it's definitely a natural flame (that does need to be re-lit occasionally).

upload_2018-4-16_9-28-39.png

Orange County's was a joke. West Point should have been the selection.

Well they got halfway there - Putnam's entry is Cold Spring, and Cold Spring's got a decent view of West Point across the river.

I hear you, West Point's a special place. Storm King's awesome as well, though.