OT: The NBA Draft Lottery is a Joke | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: The NBA Draft Lottery is a Joke

By your logic the NFL should contract Green Bay. No way in hell anyone would want to play in a small market town in freakin' Wisconsin, right?

No Green Bay would compare to Oklahoma City and San Antonio. I would keep them. Also prob Portland (gotta have a team in the midwest) Toronto don't mind one team in Canada.

But yeah Minnesota, Milwaukee, Charlotte, New Orleans, Sacramento, Memphis, Utah would all be gone.

Seattle should get a team for sure. I would give them Sacramento because CA already has the Warriors/Lakers/Clippers. With that said Minnesota, Milwaukee, Charlotte, New Orleans, Memphis and Utah deserve teams.

Charlotte has led the league in attendance in the 90's. Milwaukee has history from the 70's and has NBA titles.

Based on these playoffs people in Mmephis clearly don't give a s h I t about the Grizz.

And nobody would watch Atlanta vs Golden State finals. God forbid.

Yeah people r running to there TV'S to watch Al Hoford.

Best can hope for is actually Houston (not Golden State) vs Cleveland.

And nobody would watch Atlanta vs Golden State finals. God forbid.

Yeah people r running to there TV'S to watch Al Hoford.

Best can hope for is actually Houston (not Golden State) vs Cleveland.
Yeah because the NHL had huge ratings last year in the Stanley Cup Finals when it was the NY Rangers vs. LA Kings which are the number 1 and 2 media markets in the country.

You really don't like looking at facts. The SF/Oakland/San Jose(6th) media market is LARGER than Houston(10th). Atlanta is 9th.

The NBA markets the players NOT teams. 2011 NBA Finals between OKC(44th) and Miami(16th) were the highest rated 5 game NBA Finals since 2004.

Don't let facts get in the way of your statements. Media market size isn't the end all be all. People hate Lebron James and would want to watch him lose, but people will watch the Hawks as well if they are fans.

Cavs/Rockets is preferable to Cavs/Warriors?

Is this a thing people believe?
Without doing any research the Hulk probably thought Houston was a larger media market than SF/Oakland, but instead he smashed without looking.

The league probably prefers GS-Cle if they had their choice, but any of the 4 combos would be fine except Houston-Atlanta.

Without doing any research the Hulk probably thought Houston was a larger media market than SF/Oakland, but instead he smashed without looking.

The league probably prefers GS-Cle if they had their choice, but any of the 4 combos would be fine except Houston-Atlanta.

I don't think there is any doubt Cleveland-Golden S tate would be the best series for ratings. Anything with Lebron usually draws though.

I think it goes
1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Russell
4. Mudiay
5. Winslow

The Knicks won't go for Rondo now we can put him in LA with #2 pick and Jimmy Butler unless CHI matches.

rondo is done

Why wouldn't Mudiay be a good fit?

If the Knicks stay with the triangle, they need a guard that can shoot from the perimeter and a big that can pass.

If they get Monroe, they got the big that can pass.

Mudiay, while he may develop into a shooter, isn't one right now. D'Angelo would be the choice for the system.

This is independent of overall talent. I think there is a very strong case that Mudiay may have the highest upside of anyone in this draft given his size and natural ability.

LA, NY, and Miami are in the lottery. Lebron left Miami. LA struck out on everyone last summer.

Lebron went to Cleveland. Love went to Cleveland. Curry chose to stay in Oakland.

It's not about you. The trend is clear. Players want to play for good teams/organizations and make money. Careers are short. They can live wherever they want in the offseason and post-career.

Lebron is from Akron and had history in cleveland from his unfinished business first go around. Noway does he even consider it otherwise.

Love was traded to Cleveland, he didnt sign there..

Golden State plays in Oakland, but come on, the Bay area is not a small market and is a very desirable place for people to live who can afford it.

Most free agents follow the money first.

Last edited:
There's 4 elite prospects in the draft, 5 if you count Winslow. Knicks will get someone good but i'm pretty sure they wanted either Towns-Okafor-Russell and now they may have to settle for Mudiay, which may or may not be a bad thing.
Does anyone other than Larry Brown have any idea what Mudiay is? It's basically drafting a high school kid. Overall track record on HS kids isn't good despite some obvious big names.

If the Knicks stay with the triangle, they need a guard that can shoot from the perimeter and a big that can pass.

If they get Monroe, they got the big that can pass.

Mudiay, while he may develop into a shooter, isn't one right now. D'Angelo would be the choice for the system.

This is independent of overall talent. I think there is a very strong case that Mudiay may have the highest upside of anyone in this draft given his size and natural ability.
I want to see Mudiay against decent competition before I like him more. He reminds me of Dante Exum from last year. Both are the international intriguing prospects. Exum didn't exactly play well this year he averaged. 4.8 ppg, 1.6rpg, 2.4apg and he played in every game for a bad Jazz team.

I like the top 3 are solid from what I have seen, but Mudiay could be really solid.

I want to see Mudiay against decent competition before I like him more. He reminds me of Dante Exum from last year. Both are the international intriguing prospects. Exum didn't exactly play well this year he averaged. 4.8 ppg, 1.6rpg, 2.4apg and he played in every game for a bad Jazz team.

I like the top 3 are solid from what I have seen, but Mudiay could be really solid.

Those aren't scrubs in the CBA that Mudiay went up against. Most are one time NBA players or former good college players

I think it'll be probably be Mudiay now for the Knicks. What's interesting is that when I started this draft thread (below) in late March, Moqui was adamant back then that the Knicks take Mudiay -- with the #1 pick!! Take a gander at this, he mentions the Mudiay choice in a couple different posts within the thread. So now I'm hoping he proves to be spot on!!! (Moqui, if you read this post, please give us some more insight on what you know and have heard---make us Knick fans feel a little better...)

http://syracusefan.com/threads/ot-i...ou-go-towns-or-okafor-now.89370/#post-1354509

it's really just Larry Brown, who says that if Mudiay had come to SMU, the Mustangs would have beaten Kentucky for the national title, and that he is the best pro prospect he has seen since LeBron. He said a lot more, in more detail, but it really isn't what he said, it's the way he said it. I wish I could find the clip and link it. There was a conviction in Brown's presentation that sold me.

The draft is a crap shoot. Guys that look like sure things and are taken in the top 3 can turn out to be busts, guys who fall out of the lottery can be the best in the entire draft. Aside from the very rare can't miss prospects, nobody really knows anything.

Russell is the best player in this draft, he said so himself. If the big guys are gone I definitely like Russell. Winslow was a great college player may be the next Corliss Williamson or Kidd-Gilchrist...neither of which woudl be worthy of the #4 pick.

MKG may yet prove to be worthy of that high pick. He's developing into one of the best defenders at his position in the league. His offense improved this year.

I think Winslow could be Ron Artest level(without the crazy), which is worthy of #4. I agree on Russell though, I like him better.

it's really just Larry Brown, who says that if Mudiay had come to SMU, the Mustangs would have beaten Kentucky for the national title, and that he is the best pro prospect he has seen since LeBron. He said a lot more, in more detail, but it really isn't what he said, it's the way he said it. I wish I could find the clip and link it. There was a conviction in Brown's presentation that sold me.

The draft is a crap shoot. Guys that look like sure things and are taken in the top 3 can turn out to be busts, guys who fall out of the lottery can be the best in the entire draft. Aside from the very rare can't miss prospects, nobody really knows anything.

It's also been said that of the recruits that UK has really wanted and didn't get, Mudiay is by far the one they wanted the most.

When I watched Justice Winslow I saw a Grant Hill like game. Athletic forward who defended decent and could drive the ball.
Winslow would be intriguing but with Melo on the team it would move Melo to PF spot which is only good against smaller teams.

When I watched Justice Winslow I saw a Grant Hill like game. Athletic forward who defended decent and could drive the ball.
Winslow would be intriguing but with Melo on the team it would move Melo to PF spot which is only good against smaller teams.

Hmmm--not sure I see that comparison. I think Winslow has what will round into an NBA small forward's game, and can shoot. But I don't think he is anywhere in the same ball park as a ball handler like Grant Hill was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom