OT the XGames kid died - rip** | Syracusefan.com

OT the XGames kid died - rip**

Horrible. God bless.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

The snowboarder who landed on his head over the weekend, or is this someone else?

The snowboarder who landed on his head over the weekend, or is this someone else?
I'm pretty sure he is the one who had the machine land on his head. Walked away, but was admitted to the hopsital soon after

I'm pretty sure he is the one who had the machine land on his head. Walked away, but was admitted to the hopsital soon after
yep, snowmobile landed on him and he was knocked out. came to a few minutes later and walked away under some assistance. they took him to the hospital for further precaution of the concussion and found he had bleeding around his heart. went into surgery and a few days later they found he had bleeding around his brain.

Caleb was 5'10 160. Flying through the air on a 450lb vehicle meant for traversing snowy terrain. Before the accident Moore stated he had 10 concussions in previous accidents. He was an idiot.

Caleb was 5'10 160. Flying through the air on a 450lb vehicle meant for traversing snowy terrain. Before the accident Moore stated he had 10 concussions in previous accidents. He was an idiot.

I think we have a winner for "Classy Post of the Day"

He knew what he was doing was killing him. I don't see any reason why we should be sorry for him.

I think we have a winner for "Classy Post of the Day"

Is there anything he said that isn't true?

I feel bad for the kid but it's not like he didn't exponentially increase his chances of this happening.

Something could happen to be tomorrow but I'm not flying upside down on a 500-lb machine that's not intended to be used in that fashion.

Football player dies on the field.. You feel sorry for him?
To me there's a big difference. There's a reason that in vehicular based sports there is death and major injury, they're using something that's not for its intended purpose. In sports like football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, lacrosse, etc. there's a lot of injuries, but they're generally not major, and death (actually due to the sport itself) is nearly non-existent. Most of the time it's due to players not listening to coaches and/or doctors. Like Hank Gathers, he stopped taking his medications because he felt it hindered his play, he then died, not due to the sport, but his own stupidity.

To me there's a big difference. There's a reason that in vehicular based sports there is death and major injury, they're using something that's not for its intended purpose. In sports like football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, lacrosse, etc. there's a lot of injuries, but they're generally not major, and death (actually due to the sport itself) is nearly non-existent. Most of the time it's due to players not listening to coaches and/or doctors. Like Hank Gathers, he stopped taking his medications because he felt it hindered his play, he then died, not due to the sport, but his own stupidity.

My only issue with your posts are highlighted . They were athletes. I am assuming they knew the dangers. They paid the ultimate price. Doesn't mean they deserve praise but also doesn't mean they deserve to be ridiculed. Just my opinion.

Look I'm sure the kid knew he could die but when you're young you don't really think about dying or even getting seriously injured, thats why kids join the marine corp and infantry every single day. this kid certainly didn't set out to die, nor did the chic skier or dale Earnhardt or Eric legrand being crippled.

The kid wasn't an idiot, I feel sorry for him and his family. I'm sure he'd rather be alive but if your're gonna go you might as well go doin what you love to do.

My only issue with your posts are highlighted . They were athletes. I am assuming they knew the dangers. They paid the ultimate price. Doesn't mean they deserve praise but also doesn't mean they deserve to be ridiculed. Just my opinion.
You can think that way. I don't think a smart person puts athletics above their life. It's one thing to pull a Willis Reed, it's another to pull a Hank Gathers.

I think thats a little harsh
That is harsh, but most of us are scratching our heads wondering, why would anyone let their kid flip snowmobiles for kicks? Aerials are bad enough without a 450 lb. dumbbell.

I guess you could chalk it off to "sports", in which there are certain risks. But most kids don't enter a soccer game, tennis match or even a football game thinking there is an aggravated risk of death for every play.

Look I'm sure the kid knew he could die but when you're young you don't really think about dying or even getting seriously injured, thats why kids join the marine corp and infantry every single day. this kid certainly didn't set out to die, nor did the chic skier or dale Earnhardt or Eric legrand being crippled.

The kid wasn't an idiot, I feel sorry for him and his family. I'm sure he'd rather be alive but if your're gonna go you might as well go doin what you love to do.
I don't see the military as analogous. Defending our country has serious risks .. but as I'm sure Cusetroop will confirm, soliders don't go out on hot missions for s and giggles (or trophies). The stakes are totally different.

Flipping snowmobiles is more of a stunt or spectacle than a sport, like Evil Kenevil.

The military is not a sport. Defending our country has serious risks .. but as I'm sure Cusetroop will confirm, soliders don't go out on hot missions for s and giggles (or trophies).

Some do, being a adrenaline junky is a good thing in the Infantry. You join the Army because of love for country(rararara), you go to Ranger or Selection school because you love the thrill.

Some do, being a adrenaline junky is a good thing in the Infantry. You join the Army because of love for country(rararara), you go to Ranger or Selection school because you love the thrill.
No doubt many soldiers have tremendous brass and become accustomed to the risks. Spec Ops guys seem to be fearless. But they need that attitude for an important purpose: keeping us all safe. I can't say that for stunts dudes do for trophies.

That is harsh, but most of us are scratching our heads wondering, why would anyone let their kid flip snowmobiles for kicks? Aerials are bad enough without a 450 lb. dumbbell.

I guess you could chalk it off to "sports", in which there are certain risks. But most kids don't enter a soccer game, tennis match or even a football game thinking there is an aggravated risk of death for every play.

I dont know why, but I understand it.. does that make sense?
I grew up on motorcycles, and raced stock cars. I never got into motorcross, or jumping at all for that matter. But if I wanted to, my dad would have backed me 100%. My dad was a drag racer. My whole life all I've wanted to do was go fast. So my dad put me on machines that went fast. Snowmachines, motorcycles, racecars, jetskis (I did 103mph on a jet ski once. absolutly nuts) Fastest I ever went was 198 mph on a motorcyle. My dad was there for everything, making sure everything that we could control was good to go.

No doubt many soldiers have tremendous brass and become accustomed to the risks. Spec Ops guys seem to be fearless. But they need that attitude for an important purpose: keeping us all safe. I can't say that for stunts dudes do for trophies.

I wouldnt say they do the stunts just for trophies... Just like people dont run marathons for the trophy.. They do it because they want to know that they CAN do it. Just like my passion for going fast... I wont win a thing when I hit 200mph.. but I'll know that I can do it. It will stop bugging me when I do it lol..

You can think that way. I don't think a smart person puts athletics above their life. It's one thing to pull a Willis Reed, it's another to pull a Hank Gathers.
Ok I have never judged a person based solely on their intelligence. Some on the nicest people I have known are as simple as they come. I don't think we are going to find a common ground. Agree to disagree.

I don't see the military as analogous. Defending our country has serious risks .. but as I'm sure Cusetroop will confirm, soliders don't go out on hot missions for s and giggles (or trophies). The stakes are totally different.

Flipping snowmobiles is more of a stunt or spectacle than a sport, like Evil Kenevil.

My only point is that kids do things knowing they could die. A lot of kids join the army just so they can get college paid for and they risk their lives just for that reason.

I've done crazy stuff before on skis, and like cuse troop my pops drag races cars to.

I mean why do people sky dive are they idiots?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom