OT: Things you've always wanted to do | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Things you've always wanted to do

Win an Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay (not done)

Have the screenplay be based on my New York Times Bestseller (not done)

Travel to Ireland (was all set to go with my family when my wife decided to go and get pregnant, with a due date of the same time we had planned the trip)

Those are the big ones for me.

Write a novel that is appreciated for its literary merit...and mega sells.

Like CTO..I've been to every state but Hawaii. I've given up on Hawaii.

A house/camp on the ocean or a really nice lake.

Catch a large brown/rainbow/lake trout.

Write a novel that is appreciated for its literary merit...and mega sells.

Like CTO..I've been to every state but Hawaii. I've given up on Hawaii.

A house/camp on the ocean or a really nice lake.

Catch a large brown/rainbow/lake trout.

Learning to fly fish and catching a big trout would be nice.

As would a house on the lake, or one on the ocean. I'd appreciate either.

I've been to all of the states. Hawaii is nice. I enjoyed it immensely and I didn't even get to leave Oahu.

And Rabbi.
As long as it's not this guy.
As he's a little shaky.

Edit: btw, here's what's messed up. Kramer becomes, wait for it, Godfather in the end of this episode. Didn't even think about that until now.

Mind.
Blown if I wasn't already mindblown from this parallel.

Sky Dive

Shoot a brown bear - had a good shot from a boat last year on the Yukon. Came around a corner and boom there he was. We had all the rifles packed away, sprinted to get one out, rush to get the cover off the boat, slow the boat down, aim, and right as I shoot, the wake caught up to us and almost threw me off the boat. Tried to track him for an hour. Next time.

Hit 200 mph on anything- Did 193 mph (in a controlled area) on my old 07 ninja zx10r, and ran out of room. My dad hit 198 with the same bike, same stretch. He's gone over 200mph before tho.

Drive across the country - Done, NY to seattle, into Canada and up the Great Alaskan Highway

Bike across the country with my dad - Gotta happen soon, he isnt getting younger!

See the northern lights - done.. wow. Pictures might make them look cool, but real life... insane

Drink more Bloody Marys - Working on it.. Never had one until about a month ago, sick of having bloody mary drinkers look at me funny when I make a jack and coke at 10am.

Build my own house - I've been doing side work for a buddy, and he has taught me a ton. Built his garage for him, and am building a cabin for him now. By time I get ready to build my house, I'll have enough knowledge to do it.

Ride in a bobsled.. how cool would that be?

cto - i wanna hear some Woodstock stories!

Be the first to graduate college in my family: done

Live in a manhattan building with a doorman: done. Love my new digs

Go to a syracuse final four: done. Went last year

Visit the tower of london (history nerd here): not done

Record a musical album: done (although who knows if its any good)

Find an original press van Morrison astral weeks vinyl (without cheating and looking online): not done

Open my own business and be my own boss: not done...saving big time for this

Camp out in the oregon/washington woods in the hopes of seeing bigfoot: not done

Personal: work up enough courage to reunite with my brother who i havent seen in nearly 15 years due to his mental problems.

I have always wanted to hike the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine. No idea how I would ever clear 5 months out of my life to do it though.

I've been to 35 of the 50 states but have never set foot in Vermont. Have lived in Syr my whole life spend most of my free time in the Adks where I can see Vt across the lake whenever I hike the peaks....

I'm hoping I don't hear any mud-sliding while naked stories. I can't, and don't want to picture cto as a naked mud-slider.

I just wrote a seriously long post about Woodstock... and it went "poof" into the ether as I was about to post it. I can't bear to write it again tonight. Maybe tomorrow. But it did have some funny aspects to it... including a VW camper (looked liked a Conestoga Wagon) and pot from a US Probation Officer.

I just wrote a seriously long post about Woodstock... and it went "poof" into the ether as I was about to post it. I can't bear to write it again tonight. Maybe tomorrow. But it did have some funny aspects to it... including a VW camper (looked liked a Conestoga Wagon) and pot from a US Probation Officer.
Holding you to that, if not, you have to tell me at MSG!

First in family to graduate from college . . . done
Jump out of an airplane . . . done
Cross the equator . . . done
Swim in the Indian Ocean . . . done
Walk on the rim of an active volcano . . . done
sign up for Obamacare . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Haven't ever taken the time to do this formally but here is a partial list off the top of my head...

Break 80 on a decent golf course. (Done)

Get a hole in one. (Done)

See SU win a national championship in basketball in person. (Done)

See SU win a national championship in football in person. (Not done)

Visit China. (Done)

Visit Europe. (Done, though I have only been to England and The Netherlands. Need to at a minimum add France, Italy and Germany to the list.)

Attend the Masters/walk Augusta National. (Done. The course was one of those rare times when huge expectations were not only met by exceeded).

Climb all 46 of the high peaks in the Adirondacks. (Not done. So far I have one done. Need to step up my game quickly on this one before I become too decrepit to be able to do it).

Walk the Appalachian Trail. (Not done; this one will need to wait until I retire).

Attend the other majors in golf: The PGA (done), the US Open (done), the British Open (not done).

Attend a Ryder Cup. (Done; Oakland Hills on Sunday; the Euros thrashed us, it was quite unfortunate).

Attend a soccer game in England (Done; saw Portsmouth play Southampton; Fratton Park is awesome and kind of scary too).

Attend a MLB game (Done).

Attend an NFL game (Done).

Attend an NHL game (Done).

Attend an MSL game (Not done but I attended a number of NASL games).

Attend a World Cup match. (Done several times when the US hosted in 1994)

Attend a major bowl game (Done several times including the 1988 Sugar Bowl).

Play Bethpage Black (done), Oak Hill (done), Pebble Beach (not done), Spyglass (not done).

Go on a golfing vacation in Ireland and Scotland and play as many links style courses as possible. Would have to include the Old Course at St Andrews and Carnoustie. (Not done)

Write a book (Not done).

Ride a bike or a drive a car across the continental US. Most interested in the route Lewis and Clark took and the path of the Central Pacific. (Not done).

I have a lot of work to do.
Tom: You need to read and follow "A Course Called Ireland." The author walked the coast of Ireland playing all the links courses. Great book.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Sit court side....just once

Make every game on the football schedule, home and away for one season

One of my best friends went to Notre Dame, and during the 2003 season he and a couple guys drove to every ND football game home and away. They played away games ranging from Boston College to Stanford.

The culmination of the trip... SU kicking their ass in the Dome.

Tom: You need to read and follow "A Course Called Ireland." The author walked the coast of Ireland playing all the links courses. Great book.

I just ordered it. They say the longest journey begins with but a single step. Thanks for helping me get started...

It's funny. This is the type of analysis that depressed people do or old people do as they fully contemplate leaving the world and assess their life in retrospect. I think all of us are the former w regard to SU fb, so makes complete sense.

It's a constantly fluctuating list, but here's mine:

See all the continents, minus antarctica (lots done but Asia and Africa to go)

All the family stuff (done but in process for another 16 years)

Respected difference-maker at work (done and in process)

Do business AND had fun in all the top metros in the USA (done, except for Dallas, Denver, Houston and Minneapolis)

SU football success (lots of bowls, draftees, etc)

SU basketball success (attended three final fours)

Held season tickets (done for SU fb and Atlanta Thrashers)

See a Beatle play (done)

Flyers win the Stanley Cup (frustratingly close but not done and not trending in the right direction)

Eagles win the Super Bowl (see Flyers)

Play music in front of lots of people (done, on multiple fronts...including many stints teaching which was even better in some respects)

Win drum corps championship (done)

Save a million dollars (in process)

I just ordered it. They say the longest journey begins with but a single step. Thanks for helping me get started...
It is laugh out loud funny. Enjoy.

Here's my list of things I'm currently doing that I'm trying to check off my list:
- visit all 50 states (getting close, got the 2 tough ones done, just need to do a Dakotas to Oregon road trip. And to visit Maine. How'd I miss that one?)
- visit every MLB stadium. got maybe a third done. the problem is i'm going too slow, and they keep opening new ones too fast. I've been at about a third for 15 years.
- visit all the best beer bars/breweries in America. getting closer every few months. still need to hit Portland/Bend. Big omission.
- hit all the best BBQ places in America. Done a ton of places in TX, NC, Memphis, still need to do KC/St. Louis. But it all really begins and ends in Lockhart. Seriously. No joke. Begins and ends there. Nearly drove off the road and died while eating Kreutz's and Black's for the first time on multi-stop BBQ road trip thru Texas. It was that good.

Things I'd like to do? Damn, a couple off the top of my head:
- find a job where I can just write about and engage in my love of sports, music, food, beer, tv, movies, politics, and travel. Know of any openings? (Other than broke blogger.)
- fly up into space. maybe walk on the moon. I think that'd be pretty cool.
- visit Antarctica. Also pretty cool. And actually very do-able. Just waiting for it to get cheaper, or me to get richer.
- Travel in Eastern Europe/Russia, Southeast Asia/China, Australia/New Zealand, Africa, Greek isles, etc. A lot of typical stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom