OT: This could be fun | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: This could be fun

No kidding. Did you graduate from Byram Hills?
No. Armonk was too small to have a high school when I grew up there (20 in my graduating class from 8th grade). We were bussed to Pleasantville, and I am a proud graduate of Pleasantville HS (along with Otis Hill). Byram Hills was built seven years later -- after a big population explosion ... following construction of I-684 and IBM world headquarters. .

I can't go into details, but it involved watching an enthusiastic PeteCalvin, a donkey, at least 3 goats, a box of scorpions, a 55 gallon drum of some sort of industrial grease, several gerbils, and an inbred family of what are now apparently known as "little people". To say it was disturbing is a major understatement, but Pete seemed to really enjoy himself. This was long after he'd been brothered in and as I recall we didn't even have any pledges at the time, so it was clearly all his idea.
Thats quite a few items ,what was Pete using the gerbils for?

my entries in the redneck olympics:

3. lived in a real small town with a very small police force - 4 guys. The police station had a single door. One night, my cousin and I trapped the chief of police inside by pennying the door - you put pressure on the door and stuff a few stacked pennies between the door and the jamb; makes it impossible to open. He had to call for help and was trapped inside for nearly an hour while we laughed our asses off from across the street.

Hey... I grew up in a real small town... where my father was the chief of police of a four-man force which had a tiny log cabin police station. Are you making fun of my heritage? ;)

Back during my college years we would have many bonfires during the summer. One night the wood was a little damp and it wouldn't light. So I had this great idea to fill a keg cup with some gas, and pour it over some of the flames. I brought the cup over to the fire, and the gas apparently had eaten two holes in the cup. One hole leaked directly onto the fire and the other hole leaked directly on me. This created a fire line that exploded the cup in my hands which I immediately dropped, and the gas went all over the lower half of my body, and up to my waist was completely engulfed in flames. When you catch yourself on fire you become completely helpless, so I panicked. Thank god my best friend was there and fellow Cuse fan. He tackled me, ripped my pants off, and put the fire out. Moral of the story is dont use gas to start a fire.

I can't go into details, but it involved watching an enthusiastic PeteCalvin, a donkey, at least 3 goats, a box of scorpions, a 55 gallon drum of some sort of industrial grease, several gerbils, and an inbred family of what are now apparently known as "little people". To say it was disturbing is a major understatement, but Pete seemed to really enjoy himself. This was long after he'd been brothered in and as I recall we didn't even have any pledges at the time, so it was clearly all his idea.

I reluctantly liked your post, even though you left out the fact that we borrowed most of the supplies from you, including one of the goats, the gerbils, and the drum of grease (cooking oil that you stole from the alley behind your favorite little bar). I still don't know where you found the donkey or the redhaired midget family, but that's a secret you should probably keep.

Many years ago, while working for the Feds in California, I worked at a Correctional Facility in Lompoc. It was a High Security Prison, where each day was an adventure. One Day, I was told to grab the camera from the Lieutenant's Office and bring it to Health Services. When I arrived, I saw a Native American inmate standing in one of the rooms. I asked the inmate what his issue was and he just stared at me. I figured he was just drunk, because that was a big problem in the institution. Anyhow, after talking to the Lieutenant and P.A., it was made clear that he had a large object stuck in his rectum. At this point, I wasn't sure what I needed the camera for, but I had to prepare the inmate to be transported to the local hospital to have the object removed. The inmate was talen to the hospital and X-rays were taken. The inmate had a large Prell Shampoo bottle stuck in his rectum. They gave him an epidural and the inmate gave birth to the bottle. The Doctor did have to do a bit of slicing and dicing down there to help. The inmate later admitted that he was prepping his backside, so he could stuff drugs in his butt during a visit.

To this day, I still an not sure why I needed to bring the camera to Health Services. This was just one of many crazy things that I witnessed in that institution.

I once saw a freshman hit 6 3's in the first half of the NCAA title game. I also once saw a guy dunk on Royal Ivy and put his nuts in his mouth all at the same time.
This kid also hit 6 3's. actually got to meet him and got my pic taken with him out at sea breeze a few months after the story. He's a big Cuse fan too!

Back during my college years we would have many bonfires during the summer. One night the wood was a little damp and it wouldn't light. So I had this great idea to fill a keg cup with some gas, and pour it over some of the flames. I brought the cup over to the fire, and the gas apparently had eaten two holes in the cup. One hole leaked directly onto the fire and the other hole leaked directly on me. This created a fire line that exploded the cup in my hands which I immediately dropped, and the gas went all over the lower half of my body, and up to my waist was completely engulfed in flames. When you catch yourself on fire you become completely helpless, so I panicked. Thank god my best friend was there and fellow Cuse fan. He tackled me, ripped my pants off, and put the fire out. Moral of the story is dont use gas to start a fire.

I just cringe whenever I read a story about being burned. At my first apartment, the pilot light of the water heater went out and I took a freezing cold shower that morning. The maintenance guy relit it, but the dumbass turned the water heater to the max. The next morning I went to take a shower. I tested the water with my hand to see how hot it was. But I didn't see the shower hose was spraying onto my lower leg since I don't have any feeling below my knees. That equaled mostly a severe 2nd degree burn- borderline 3rd degree on my lower right leg.

The good news is I couldn't feel it because the doctor in the ER says hot water burns are just brutally painful. The bad news is I couldn't feel it because the whole thing probably wouldn't have happened if I could have!

This kid also hit 6 3's. actually got to meet him and got my pic taken with him out at sea breeze a few months after the story. He's a big Cuse fan too!
I remember this story. Great one, and so awesome that you met him!
His name is JMac. The other 6 3pointer guy is GMac.
Heck yeah.

I just cringe whenever I read a story about being burned. At my first apartment, the pilot light of the water heater went out and I took a freezing cold shower that morning. The maintenance guy relit it, but the dumbass turned the water heater to the max. The next morning I went to take a shower. I tested the water with my hand to see how hot it was. But I didn't see the shower hose was spraying onto my lower leg since I don't have any feeling below my knees. That equaled mostly a severe 2nd degree burn- borderline 3rd degree on my lower right leg.

The good news is I couldn't feel it because the doctor in the ER says hot water burns are just brutally painful. The bad news is I couldn't feel it because the whole thing probably wouldn't have happened if I could have!
Sorry about that MSOrange.

Geez that's rough.

It's all good now! Still a little bit of a scar down there but you can barely tell anything happened now. And after 21 surgeries, I'm kinda used to looking at scars :)
I think this needs a little teeing up, Tyler Roberson style.
Boom!
tylerRoberson - Copy.JPG

I don't have stories that really compare to a lot of this but recently

A) the birth of my son. The whole thing is amazing to witness and equally baffeling to try and figure out. My jaw was probably on the floor as I was simultaniously crying and laughing watching this take place. He was 9 lb 11oz and 22 inches and my wife is fairly petite.

B) The hit that knocked Shamarko out vs Pitt last year. I was in the 300's and heard the hit as well as witnessed his body go limp. Terrifying to see and I can't imagine what those on the sideline heard or saw. Amazing that he got up at all much less played again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom