OT: This is why I am a big LeBron fan | Syracusefan.com

OT: This is why I am a big LeBron fan

Fireball Jr.

All American
He can do it all, but this ridiculous, spot-on, quick-reaction pass is the kind of stuff that makes him such a special player.

I just don't understand how this guy does things, I've never seen anything like or close to that. I know a debate will probably be sparked by this but this guy is hands down the best all around basketball player I've ever seen, he does things that anybody else who's ever touched a basketball could only dream to do. I wish people could just give the credit where credit is due, he's something extremely special and that really should be appreciated instead of bs that he has to deal with.

I just don't understand how this guy does things, I've never seen anything like or close to that. I know a debate will probably be sparked by this but this guy is hands down the best all around basketball player I've ever seen, he does things that anybody else who's ever touched a basketball could only dream to do. I wish people could just give the credit where credit is due, he's something extremely special and that really should be appreciated instead of bs that he has to deal with.
I couldn't agree with this more. Anyone who claims to have any shred of objectivity would have to acknowledge the greatness of LBJ. Cowherd was noting yesterday how he came into the league straight out of High School and lit the league on fire with his talent and play. Cowherd put it, " One day he is playing against some Ohio High School Team and the next day he is playing against the Sacramento Kings." He didn't have the benefit of being coached and taught the finer points of the game in college. I started out as a Lebron hater since he came into the league along side of Carmelo and stole some of Melo's thunder that 1st year they were in the league. As a Celtics fan I naturally hate the Heat and that distain only intensified when the Heat got Ray Allen... but there is a side of me that will give credit where credit is due and as two3zone mentions, this guy is the greatest player I've ever seen too. I also have to ask myself how I would have handled all the scrutiny and criticism at the age of 18 or 19 and it wouldn't have been pretty at all!

I'm always baffled by basketball fans who say they don't like the NBA. That usually means they don't watch the NBA. That, to me, is like saying they'd rather watch high school soccer than the Premier League.

Lotta dreck, some teams, no doubt, are tough to watch (e.g., the Knicks). But basketball purists and old-timers should really enjoy watching a team like Miami -- great teamwork, not uncommon for all 5 players to touch ball in a 24-second-or-less possession. Their leader/alpha dog not only drilled 5 threes last night, he had 10 assists. He looks to pass first, set up Beasley perfectly for what turned out to be game-winning trey. The Pacers, Portland, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Golden State, among others, a joy to watch.

I'm always baffled by basketball fans who say they don't like the NBA. That usually means they don't watch the NBA. That, to me, is like saying they'd rather watch high school soccer than the Premier League.

Lotta dreck, some teams, no doubt, are tough to watch (e.g., the Knicks). But basketball purists and old-timers should really enjoy watching a team like Miami -- great teamwork, not uncommon for all 5 players to touch ball in a 24-second-or-less possession. Their leader/alpha dog not only drilled 5 threes last night, he had 10 assists. He looks to pass first, set up Beasley perfectly for what turned out to be game-winning trey. The Pacers, Portland, San Antonio, Oklahoma City, Golden State, among others, a joy to watch.

That's why I hate the cliche "they don't play defense in the NBA." Yeah, if you just watch sh i t teams you're right.

But still I'd rather see that than the foul-fest that is now the college game.

I watch it all the time :p

I watch the NBA quite a bit too... but you aren't really the best advocate for 'cool' things. You have some sort of cat ruining a man's day on your profile. over and over.

:cool:

I was looking at Lebron's stats recently; he's almost breaking the game right now. He has a 67% true shooting. It's December 31, I'm sure that will come down, but that is the kind of number that is reserved for a guy who only shoots corner 3's or something. He's making 64% of his 2 pointers. 64%!

Just cant watch the NBA anymore. I have tried and tried and its just so blah.
Thank you.
It's not about how great the players all are (and they obviously are in the NBA). For me, it's about the passion and the intensity and the crowds and the strategies and the contrasting styles and the….. EVERY SINGLE GAME, NOT JUST FOR A FEW WEEKS IN JUNE

Thank you.
It's not about how great the players all are (and they obviously are in the NBA). For me, it's about the passion and the intensity and the crowds and the strategies and the contrasting styles and the….. EVERY SINGLE GAME, NOT JUST FOR A FEW WEEKS IN JUNE

Yea I agree. The season is way too long. The playoffs are way too long. Too many teams and too many crappy teams. I dont question the talent. The talent is there but that doesnt equate to good basketball. Its fun to watch some of these great players play but the games are boring. I dont think I have watched 2 quarters of the NBA this year.

I would say I don't agree with this. Whatsoever. :noidea:

I used to believe this about ten years ago and I agreed about the passion and intensity.

But there were stretches of the Nova game where EVERY possesion resulted in a foul being called. And its not like thats some random occurrence. It's more and more of a chore to watch college games now. Even involving the team I love. Which is sad.

I used to believe this about ten years ago and I agreed about the passion and intensity.

But there were stretches of the Nova game where EVERY possesion resulted in a foul being called. And its not like thats some random occurrence. It's more and more of a chore to watch college games now. Even involving the team I love. Which is sad.

Well it is the first year of the new rule changes so things will improve each year as teams adjust.

Well it is the first year of the new rule changes so things will improve each year as teams adjust.
And, really, NBA lovers should be happy and think big-picture because these rule changes have been enacted to make college ball more like the NBA.

To say LeBron James isn't the most complete basketball player to ever live is just a complete lie and it proves as a fan, you are in denial. Dude is freaking UNBELIEVABLE. Without argument, the greatest athlete living today and debatably ever. Just nothing that man CANNOT do. Simple as that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom