OT: Thoughts about Twitter | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Thoughts about Twitter

Actually, since we're talking about Social Media and the people who use it, there's one thing that completely annoys me. My wife, almost daily, will read a Facebook post by someone with wording like "Just received some horrible news. Great way to start the day. Please say a prayer."

What is that?! You can post about the last time you used a public restroom, but you can't elaborate on this horrible news?! This is the definition of someone who is starved for attention and fishing for sympathy. They toss out a little bait and all of a sudden the wall fills up with OMG's and Are You OK's. The thing that really frustrated me is that one day it was my stepsister who posted a cryptic message and had the whole family worried because she wasn't answering her phone. What a dumbass! Spill it, or don't post it.

As long as there are forms of communication, there will be people who misuse them. I'm sure we all know someone (or know of someone) who overshares or spills things about others who trusted them with their confidence.

For Twitter, the challenge is determining who you want to hear from. Fortunately, that's probably the easiest part of using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom