OT: Today Notre Dame and Miami joined AAU. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Today Notre Dame and Miami joined AAU.

From this graph, we have a ton of work to do to get back in…

From this graph, we have a ton of work to do to get back in…

Wow. Our research fund is only half of the last place Wake Forest in the list of 27 candidates that did not make the AAU member. Yesterday 6 made it and 27 did not. We are one of five that got pushed out of the door recently. I know it happened quite long time ago though.

Last edited:
I'm genuinely curious why people still blame SU's problems on Cantor while Syverud seems to get a pass. She's been gone for 10 (!) years. What has he done to turn things around in that time? They both have their pet issues and initiatives, neither of which seem to involve increasing the school's research funding, profile or ranking. Plenty of blame to go around, in my opinion.

I'm genuinely curious why people still blame SU's problems on Cantor while Syverud seems to get a pass. She's been gone for 10 (!) years. What has he done to turn things around in that time? They both have their pet issues and initiatives, neither of which seem to involve increasing the school's research funding, profile or ranking. Plenty of blame to go around, in my opinion.

Nancy didn't give the medical school to SUNY in 1950.

That was Chancellor Tolley and Governor Thomas E. Dewey.

My institution spent more on research in FY 21 than SU did. I wouldn't have guessed that.

I've been saying it for years, SU needs a Cusetroop
Come on Down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom