OT: Top 10 most hated in conference opposing players of your time. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Top 10 most hated in conference opposing players of your time.

dasher said:
You don't know hate. The Big east when we played each other all the time and players stayed for 4 years. Boy, that got your hate up.

Way better back then. Cant even compare the hate

I'm going outside the parameters of the ?
but these are a few that I can remember G townMichael Graham on Top Ed sprigg/Sleepy Floyd/Charlie Smith,
Pitt Sean MillerDeJuan Blair/Jerome Lane/Sam Clancy/Brandin Knight/Billy Knight/
St Johns Frankie Alagia/Ron Rowen/Marco Baldi Billie Singleton/Walter Berry /Matt Brust "The 1st Guy to beat on the floor while playing D
Rutgers Phil sellers/Eddie Jordan/ and jammin James Bailey/ Nova Pinone /Plansky A This is part of my not "Hate List" but really didn't like. Most disliked Coach's easy /
Thompson/Billy Tubbs Jamie Dixon is quickly moving in on that distinction
I didn't mention any U Conns too many to mention

Last edited:
Michael Graham
Patrick Ewing
Jared Dudley
Carl Krauser
Ed Nelson
Hasheem Thabeet
Josh Boone
Jar Crowder
Chevy Troutman
Richard Anderson

Honorable mention,

LaVance Fields, Dana Barros, Michael Adams, Nate Lubick, Dejuan Blair, Bill Wennington, Mike Sweatney, El-Amin, Buzz Peterson(on the court enough to be a player?). I think you could throw Higgins, Burr, Teddy Valentine and Larry Lembo in there as well as it always seemed they were helping out our opponents.

I always get Michael Graham and Reggie Williams confused (I'm 31 and wasn't watching in the mid-80s). Which one punched the Villanova player right before halftime in the 85 title game? Was one dirtier than the other?

I always get Michael Graham and Reggie Williams confused (I'm 31 and wasn't watching in the mid-80s). Which one punched the Villanova player right before halftime in the 85 title game? Was one dirtier than the other?
Don't know which one punched a Nova player - Nova is dead to me. But Michael Graham punched Andrea Hawkins in an OT loss to G'town. For that, he's on my list forever.

the hawk.jpg

any nine Georgetown players plus Luke Harangody from N.D.

if need be, any nine u-con players on a seconds notice

any nine Georgetown players plus Luke Harangody from N.D.
Good call. So many ND players to hate (most of whom were role players who went off from 3 pt range against us).

Last edited:
Aaron Bain: why?

This is fascinating, because he's in my top five. Couldn't stand him either but never met anyone else who shared that strong dislike.
Because you saw this guy, who didn't look like he belonged on the court. You saw him vs other BE teams and he sucked at bad as he looked.
Until he played us. This guy that looked like he should have been a walkon, at best, killed us.

Last edited:
The hate for Nova is real light on this board.

The hate for Nova is real light on this board.
A couple of us reached deep in the Archives for Aaron Bain. You should be impressed.
Pinone, McLain.
Couple of 'Nova's guys impressed me. Pinckney, Tim Thomas, Scottie Reynolds, Lowrie, Foye.
Crap just remembered their pasty point guard from a couple years back, can't remember the name, but I do think he was from Delaware. He was annoying.

A couple of us reached deep in the Archives for Aaron Bain. You should be impressed.
Pinone, McLain.
Couple of 'Nova's guys impressed me. Pinckney, Tim Thomas, Scottie Reynolds, Lowrie, Foye.
Crap just remembered their pasty point guard from a couple years back, can't remember the name, but I do think he was from Delaware. He was annoying.

Nardi!

I know it's awfully recent, but it's hard to top Luke Hancock for me.

What a tool.

keith Smart
david Robinson
all those no-name players with bad teeth playing for the Richmond Spiders

No way whatsoever I could restrict this to 10.

Ewing
Michael Graham
Victor Page
Allen Iverson
Reggie Williams
Perry McDonald
Jeff Green
Michael Sweetney
Charles Smith [G'town]
Charles Smith [Pitt]
Carl Krauser
Brian Shorter
Sean Miller
Chevon Troutman
Ontario Lett
Fat Aaron Gray
Fatter El Amin
Hasheem Thabeet
Cliff Robinson
Donyell Marshall
Doron Sheffer
Marcus Williams
Shabazz Napier
Jake Voskul
Brian Fair
Ray Allen
Chris Smith
Josh Boone
Kerry Kittles
Tom Gries
Mark Plansky
Ryan Arcidiacono
Jason Lawson
Pat Garrity
Tim Kempton*
Elmer Bennett*
Eddie Griffin
90% of Marquette players
Yancy Gates
Sean Kilpatrick
Eric Williams
Peyton Siva
Terrance Williams
Mike Marra
Kyle Kuric

...and in the interest of full disclosure, here are the only two players in Syracuse history that I couldn't find redeeming qualities in:

Michael Edwards
Josh Wright

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors