OT - Tournament related topics and oddities | Syracusefan.com

OT - Tournament related topics and oddities

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
Okay, so this is awesome.

I’d like to try each and every one of these. Is especially disappointing UVM didn’t make it this year so we could show the heathens what real beer is.

Syracuse

The brewery: Middle Ages

The beer: Syracuse Pale Ale

It’s the oldest brewery in Syracuse, opening back in 1995. But mainly we chose it because it feels as if Jim Boeheim has indeed been coaching there since the 12th century. Because the Orange were a bit of a surprise entrant off the bubble, we didn’t get a chance to reach out to Middle Ages staff, so we’re just going with the 5% ABV ale that sounds like a perfect all-day pour. It’d be great to dive into something like a Dragonslayer Russian Imperial Stout, but the whole idea of March is to avoid being one-and-done.

I’d like to try each and every one of these. Is especially disappointing UVM didn’t make it this year so we could show the heathens what real beer is.
How about you copy and paste some of the list for us peons ? :)

As long as I don't get in trouble...
If it's behind a firewall, that's a negative, Ghostrider.
1615938202099.gif

Syracuse

The brewery: Middle Ages

The beer: Syracuse Pale Ale

It’s the oldest brewery in Syracuse, opening back in 1995. But mainly we chose it because it feels as if Jim Boeheim has indeed been coaching there since the 12th century. Because the Orange were a bit of a surprise entrant off the bubble, we didn’t get a chance to reach out to Middle Ages staff, so we’re just going with the 5% ABV ale that sounds like a perfect all-day pour. It’d be great to dive into something like a Dragonslayer Russian Imperial Stout, but the whole idea of March is to avoid being one-and-done.
Good thing Utica College or RIT didn't make it.

What is it for St. Bona? Ellicottville Brewing Company or Southern Tier, I assume?

What is it for St. Bona? Ellicottville Brewing Company or Southern Tier, I assume?

St. Bonaventure​

The brewery: Four Mile Brewing

The beer: Unfurl the Brown and White Porter

Four Mile opened as the first brewery in Olean, N.Y., since Prohibition. And the name of this beer tells you everything you need to know about its connection to the school. “Unfurl the Brown and White” is St. Bonaventure’s fight song, authored by Rev. Claude Kean and Rev. Isidore O’Brien in 1931. This 5%, well-hopped porter unfurls the brown (the body) and white (the foam) onto thirsty Bona fans’ taste buds.

St. Bonaventure​

The brewery: Four Mile Brewing

The beer: Unfurl the Brown and White Porter

Four Mile opened as the first brewery in Olean, N.Y., since Prohibition. And the name of this beer tells you everything you need to know about its connection to the school. “Unfurl the Brown and White” is St. Bonaventure’s fight song, authored by Rev. Claude Kean and Rev. Isidore O’Brien in 1931. This 5%, well-hopped porter unfurls the brown (the body) and white (the foam) onto thirsty Bona fans’ taste buds.
Wow. Interesting.

Thanks!

Our opposition

San Diego State​

The brewery: Modern Times

The beer: Orderville IPA

We’ll let Modern Times spokesman Dan Reed take it from here: “During the magical, JNCO-fueled era that was the late ’90s, San Diego started building two amazing programs that would outlast even the dopest of Dragonball Z button-ups: hop-focused craft beer and San Diego State basketball. Similar to San Diego State’s mix of experimental transfers and 4-year program starters, Orderville is made with Experimental Hop 06277 (recently dubbed Sultana) and industry-standard Mosaic hops, yielding a hazy IPA that’s an undisputed member of the Best in the West. Bursting with notes of stone fruit and citrus, Orderville is smooth, refreshing, and — just like Coach Brian Dutcher’s team — it just keeps getting better as the season goes on.” Couldn’t have said it better ourselves.