OT: UConn Grad Transfers | Syracusefan.com

OT: UConn Grad Transfers

LeMoyneCuse

All American
Thus far, they've picked up 4 grad transfers. A RB from Toledo, a DL from Columbia (FCS), a WR from Seton Hill (Division 2), and a QB(!?) from West Florida (Division 2). Either their staff is turning every stone for talent or they are desperate and taking chances everywhere.

It’s UConn...

DF7271AF-E22E-4538-84BB-7C1744D404CB.gif

To me they are the true Dumpster Fire over the Jersey school......desperate times call for desperate measures in Storrs...they are doing anything they can to keep the ship afloat...

To me they are the true Dumpster Fire over the Jersey school...desperate times call for desperate measures in Storrs...they are doing anything they can to keep the ship afloat...

No way. They are simply losers in the P5 musical chairs. Rutgers actually has the P5 $ and still sucks. They are flushing opportunity down the drain weekly (which is very on brand for them). UCONN’s ceiling was limited in the Big East. It’s even more limited now.

UConn needs to go Indy so that the rest of the athletic department has a chance.

Wow it's tough to be a UConn fan these days unless you're just in love with woman's basketball. What a nightmare up in storrs

To me they are the true Dumpster Fire over the Jersey school...desperate times call for desperate measures in Storrs...they are doing anything they can to keep the ship afloat...

It seemed like Edsall went out of his way to destroy the team last season.
And I thought Pasqualoni was our secret weapon to ruin their program, but then came Diaco and now Randy II, each worse than the one before.

It seemed like Edsall went out of his way to destroy the team last season.
And I thought Pasqualoni was our secret weapon to ruin their program, but then came Diaco and now Randy II, each worse than the one before.
I think that he’s trying to get as much experience as possible, and he’s betting on it paying off in 2-3 years. Then, I bet he’s going to retire on a high note after they shock the world by going 8-4 in the AAC. The next guy will get to clean up the mess of youth + no talent. Meanwhile, Randy will pound his chest by claiming that he took the team to a bowl, and they dropped off after he left.

UConn fans are desperate, and they’ll drink the Kool Aid. They’ll see that singular season as proof that the right guy can win in Storrs.

I think that he’s trying to get as much experience as possible, and he’s betting on it paying off in 2-3 years. Then, I bet he’s going to retire on a high note after they shock the world by going 8-4 in the AAC. The next guy will get to clean up the mess of youth + no talent. Meanwhile, Randy will pound his chest by claiming that he took the team to a bowl, and they dropped off after he left.

UConn fans are desperate, and they’ll drink the Kool Aid. They’ll see that singular season as proof that the right guy can win in Storrs.

The problem with that is when you have a young team, and they get hammered so badly like UConn did last year, it instills that you cannot compete. Losing becomes the culture when you lost so badly, so often. It destroys a young player's confidence.

The problem with that is when you have a young team, and they get hammered so badly like UConn did last year, it instills that you cannot compete. Losing becomes the culture when you lost so badly, so often. It destroys a young player's confidence.
If agree, but it’s not like UConn was a bastion of winning mentality during the Diaco days.

If agree, but it’s not like UConn was a bastion of winning mentality during the Diaco days.

Randy is claiming this would get kids more experience sooner, and how many players did he run off 20-30? It was a house cleaning, and then he had nobody with any experience at all, and played a bunch of freshmen who were shell shocked by mid-season. This was the worst defensive performance in THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL. EVER. WOAT.

All the fans gave up on the team. There is public talk of dropping the sport rather than suffer thru a 5 year rebuild after what just happened. There will be no fans left, just a big empty stadium.

How did that work out, Randy? What a putz.

Randy is claiming this would get kids more experience sooner, and how many players did he run off 20-30? It was a house cleaning, and then he had nobody with any experience at all, and played a bunch of freshmen who were shell shocked by mid-season. This was the worst defensive performance in THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL. EVER. WOAT.

All the fans gave up on the team. There is public talk of dropping the sport rather than suffer thru a 5 year rebuild after what just happened. There will be no fans left, just a big empty stadium.

How did that work out, Randy? What a putz.
I personally thought that it was great, and that he should double down and do it again.