OT - Virginia Tech's Joke of a Scholarship Offer Letter | Syracusefan.com

OT - Virginia Tech's Joke of a Scholarship Offer Letter

Can't really make out the imbe that well. But that doesn't look like Comic Sans to me.

I've received letters like that stating I just one a free cruise or a car please call this 888 number and use the code listed in this letter. Of course I refuse to enter any contests so those letter go imediatley in the recycling bin!

listen -vt just upgraded to windows xp on the one computer they have- so in reality this aint half bad for a podunk school

This is the worst looking letter I ever saw. You get a letter like this, I bet you get a free bowl of soup.
Oh it looks good on you though. :rolleyes:

You know we support the best journalism school in the country when we make fun of other schools' fonts.

It's not even grammatically consistent. It's titled as an offer, but the contents say they intend to offer a scholarship. There is no offer here.

It looks like a form letter that couldn't even get the address right. There is no "Brunswick" in NJ. There is a North Brunswick though. You'd think they'd want to get that right. Poor quality control on the mail merges coming out of their recruiting office.

Kid does show up as a VT commit, though... goes to Don Bosco, which is usually loaded with D-1 talent.

Either tech can't find replacement ink jet cartridges anymore or it's not in the budget. That looks horrid just like most printers from 20 years ago did. You'd think a tech school would upgrade.

It's not even grammatically consistent. It's titled as an offer, but the contents say they intend to offer a scholarship. There is no offer here.
Yea, I picked-up on that too. Reading between the lines, it sounds like this recruit has academic eligibility issues.

Given his use of Comic Sans, would anyone be surprised if Frank Beamer dotted his I's with a heart?

I like "our intention to offer".

To be read as: "If you blow out your knee this season, fuggedaboudit pallie."

Last time I received a letter like that, it was from my first grade teacher asking me to be Santa in the school play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom