OT: Wegmans Now Open in Massachusetts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Wegmans Now Open in Massachusetts

Whole Foods and Wegmans are not equivalent.

Whole Foods is great for some specialty items, but 99% of us couldn't afford to get all of our normal groceries there on a regular basis.

I hit Whole Foods and Trader Joe's for select items... for the staples its Kroger & Publix.
If there was a local Wegmans, I'd likely get 85%-90% of my groceries there... likely leaving a few items for Whole Foods & Trader Joe's.

I've lived in Syracuse my whole life, and I've gone to Wegmans, Price Chopper, P&C/Tops, Nichols, NoJaims, and quite a few downstate as well. Top Tomato, Shoprite, Stop & Shop, Hannaford, etc. Wegmans, in my opinion is by far the best place. There's a few main things you can note such as cleanliness, food/products, and service. Service is probably the main thing for me. Price Chopper is hands down my least favorite store, mainly because they have 4 lanes open at 5:30pm on a Friday. I'm not sure who thinks that's a good idea, but good for them.

Since we're talking about supermarkets, no offense to anyone who still uses checks, but good lord. Please do not use checks. No matter what line I get into there's someone trying to pay with a check. Or, someone who wants a price check on an item, or some sort of mass confusion is going on. The worst thing in the universe is when you see the cashier reach for the light switch. Then we have to wait for the manager to come over because someone thought the potatoes were $2.49 a bag and not $2.99 a bag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom