OT: Were any of you guys friends with each other while students at 'Cuse??? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Were any of you guys friends with each other while students at 'Cuse???

OttosBestFriend

2nd String
I've got two for sure...

To my surprise, I had no idea who Kaiser was until a fraternity reunion in NYC a year and a half ago... Turns out we were not only in the same fraternity, but also the same pledge class. We spent much of the night bitching about SU's semi-finals loss to Cincy in the Big East Tourney and, of course, the GRob years.

Also, I was pretty good friends with BostonOrange through school, but definitely jeopardized that friendship a few years after graduating when I got wasted and may or may not have dropped a NYC Yellow Pages on his face - requiring a late night trip to the ER. That said, he's an awesome guy and just welcomed a baby girl into his family as per facebook posts.

Had my seasons with Boston Orange and played intramural hoops together.

Turns out the Kaiser cold-cocked an innocent roommate of mine at a party. Go figure.

Had my seasons with Boston Orange and played intramural hoops together.

Turns out the Kaiser cold-cocked an innocent roommate of mine at a party. Go figure.

That's not the Kaiser I know.

If you played intramural with Boston, I'm guessing you know Schony and Lanza???

I still talk to Schony weekly. He just called me to bitch about Notre Dame being given preferential treatment two nights ago.

That's not the Kaiser I know.

If you played intramural with Boston, I'm guessing you know Schony and Lanza???

I still talk to Schony weekly. He just called me to bitch about Notre Dame being given preferential treatment two nights ago.

Last I saw Brian was at the ND game in 2005. The last time I saw Shaky it was literally in 44s the last night of school, full well knowing I was never gonna see him again. And that's held true.

Last I saw Brian was at the ND game in 2005. The last time I saw Shaky it was literally in 44s the last night of school, full well knowing I was never gonna see him again. And that's held true.

I was THISCLOSE to going to that ND game, but my wife was 8+ months prego and I knew if she gave birth, I was a dead man.

I was THISCLOSE to going to that ND game, but my wife was 8+ months prego and I knew if she gave birth, I was a dead man.

It wasn't a bad experience even though we got worked over.

I don't know anyone unless they were in aerospace engineering program and graduated in 1992. Maybe a couple of you lived on 4c in flint 87-88, 88-89?

To the best of my knowledge, no. But there are a lot of posters on this board I haven't met (post board-joining). ;)

Clearly you were too smart to be my friend.

Anyone can do it. It's just putting in the time and missing fun stuff with your buddies/roommates. just missed a lot of Feagans flip nights studying.

Ottosbestfriend, you and kaiser came after me on good ole comstock! Class of 1992! Kaiser is one of only a few of those animals I still talk too and remains a dear friend. Any Booth hall folks out there, 1988-89? I also worked at the late great 44's...

I was best Internet friends with Marci's twins. Does that count?

I like the hell out of this post.

Any Marci mention will do that...

I know there are a few stumpies from my 92-97 era on here but I do not remember who.

I don't know anyone unless they were in aerospace engineering program and graduated in 1992. Maybe a couple of you lived on 4c in flint 87-88, 88-89?
i didnt even know we had an aerospace engineering progam...and yeah, i dont think you were at Harry's till 2am every night, so our paths likely never crossed.

Anyone one on here have an idea of how many on this board are alumni? I am not. I was just a local kid that started to really like sports in the late '80's and my dad loved me enough to raise me as an Orangemen fan.

I met BlackKnight while camping out for SU games as a freshman in 08 and we've gone to probably close to 50+ games since. Met NailstheCuseFan as a freshman in our program and he's joined the game day crew as well. Ljmilman was another I met as a freshman camping and have gone to games with since.

Anyone one on here have an idea of how many on this board are alumni? I am not. I was just a local kid that started to really like sports in the late '80's and my dad loved me enough to raise me as an Orangemen fan.

Best I can guess among the active posters...it is about 5o/50

The vast majority of the non alumni posters here come from a 90 mile ring around Syracuse.

Oswego St seems to have the largest non SU alumni collection here among the SUNY's.

I saw a bunch of games with Alsacs during my tenure on The Hill. Not sure if there are any others from my class ('08).

The vast majority of the non alumni posters here come from a 90 mile ring around Syracuse.

Oswego St seems to have the largest non SU alumni collection here among the SUNY's.
I fall into the SUNY Oswego category.

How many you suppose are non alumni, non locals like myself? I've never lived closer than 250 miles to campus but picked Cuse as a youngster after my aunt took me to a game. I grew up with Cuse as top 25ish in both football and hoops every year and looking forward to getting back there shortly.

FWIW, I've had season tickets in the past as well prior to marriage and children.

Ottosbestfriend, you and kaiser came after me on good ole comstock! Class of 1992! Kaiser is one of only a few of those animals I still talk too and remains a dear friend. Any Booth hall folks out there, 1988-89? I also worked at the late great 44's...

I did bartend a couple of parties for Marc at some houses back in the day. Sid was not part of the package!