OT: West Virginia 8th Dumbest | Syracusefan.com

OT: West Virginia 8th Dumbest

Hahaha! Amazing...

A hardy bunch of delusional neanderthal Mountaineer fans who truly believe that West Virginia is a national leader in athletics. They believe this despite the fact that they clearly never attended the school. All fan bases have dumb fans, but West Virginia boasts the lowest percentage of residents in the United States with bachelor's degrees, at just 17.3 percent of the population.

So it's quite probable that West Virginia is truly the dumbest state in the nation. You can say this without even using hyperbole. Statistics prove it. Hell, how dumb are West Virginia people? Arkansas and Mississippi residents can say without irony, "Y'all need to study more."

How crooked is the West Virginia program? So crooked that Pacman Jones and Chris Henry were college roommates.

Roommates!

10) Tennessee Vols
9) Cowboys
8) WVU

Guess the rest....

7) New York Jets
6) Philadelphia 76ers
5) LA Dodgers
4) Ohio State (for thinking they are god's gift to football)
3) Boston RedSox / NY Yankees
2) Kentucky Wildcats
1) Rutgers (little big man syndrome)

I'd like to count down the 10 dumbest sports reporters.

Someone commented, "What has 100,000 eyes and 1 tooth? A crowd at a West Virginia game!"

how the hell can joisey state be #1 on your list-

i doubt very much 12 people and a few tv sets count as a fan base

I'm looking forward to the rest of the list - based on his radio show he's almost definitely including:
Alabama, Kentucky, Arkansas, Pittsburgh Steelers and Ohio State. I think he might throw in Notre Dame and Texas just based on their large fan bases to piss people off.

10) Tennessee Vols
9) Cowboys
8) WVU

Guess the rest....

7) New York Jets
6) Philadelphia 76ers
5) LA Dodgers
2) Kentucky Wildcats

7) Auburn- yes you cheated but never "caught" when you won it all. Then they dump Chizik when the going gets tough. Now they are on their 3rd coach in 4 years and by the way you aren't Alabama!
6) Jets- you are the NYM of the NFL and know that roll
5) UT- tons of $ in the program doesn't always = wins in games (Get rid of Mack and Barnes- look at what ND did with Weiss when he wasn't winning)
4) Yankees/Angels/White Socks- expect top teams if they invest alot of money into over the top contracts (Arod, CC, Hamilton, Konerko, etc) but sell off their future prospects.
3) UK- Media and fans think they are going to win it every year in basketball with their 1 and $dones
2) Rutgers- Coach, ADs, and President issues are leading to unheard of structural immaturity on the behalf of fans that don't give a sh**!!
1) NCAA sports- Fans want their teams to be clean but the NCAA has $ on their minds (Bilas' tweet) and is reluctant to go after some universities without large media pressure. YES WE ARE THE BIGGEST SUCKERS!!!

im stunned and quite impressed with that putdown. a lot of times these things are filled with cliches, but he was busting out population facts, the walmart employment factor, throwing kentucky and their meth market under the bus...damn good stuff.

making fun of the cowboys was good too.

hes got to take a shot at NYC along the way, jets and mets are too easy. their fans are dumb because well...theyre dumb. no crime in that.

thinking hes going to take a shot at Knicks fans and the 'mecca of basketball' mentality and yet only 2 championships in team history

im stunned and quite impressed with that putdown. a lot of times these things are filled with cliches, but he was busting out population facts, the walmart employment factor, throwing kentucky and their meth market under the bus...damn good stuff.

making fun of the cowboys was good too.

hes got to take a shot at NYC along the way, jets and mets are too easy. their fans are dumb because well...theyre dumb. no crime in that.

thinking hes going to take a shot at Knicks fans and the 'mecca of basketball' mentality and yet only 2 championships in team history

Not sure if you know much about him, but his stuff isn't bad, he's like Bill Simmons lite. I liked his book about touring all the SEC football stadiums, called Dixieland Delight. I highly recommend it for an easy, entertaining read. Well, not easy for West Virginians, but to most of us.

He put his beloved Tennessee Vols on that Top 10 list, so that helps.

My only issue with him is that he seems to suffer from that inexplicable feeling of SEC insecurity. You know, where they have to call out the Big 10 on everything, and chest pump if someone says an SEC is school is better than the Big 10 at something. As if winning 40 national titles in a row, and beating the Big 10 in 99% of bowl game matchups wasn't enough...

Looking forward to the rest of the list.

I enjoy all of the offended WVU fans in the comments.

I enjoy all of the offended WVU fans in the comments.

You should see what they post on twitter. Alabama will be #1. He's always all over them, making fun of their hair (bangs).

WVU is underrated at #8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure if you know much about him, but his stuff isn't bad, he's like Bill Simmons lite. I liked his book about touring all the SEC football stadiums, called Dixieland Delight. I highly recommend it for an easy, entertaining read. Well, not easy for West Virginians, but to most of us.

He put his beloved Tennessee Vols on that Top 10 list, so that helps.

My only issue with him is that he seems to suffer from that inexplicable feeling of SEC insecurity. You know, where they have to call out the Big 10 on everything, and chest pump if someone says an SEC is school is better than the Big 10 at something. As if winning 40 national titles in a row, and beating the Big 10 in 99% of bowl game matchups wasn't enough...

Looking forward to the rest of the list.
interesting.

dont know anything about him.

simmons was good, till about right after Giants-pats I. i think that loss, shook him to his core. he wrote a great article about that one, but its been all down hill from there.

10) Tennessee Vols
9) Cowboys
8) WVU

Guess the rest....

7) New York Jets
6) Philadelphia 76ers
5) LA Dodgers
2) Kentucky Wildcats

The problem with that guess is that no one else cares enough about Rutgers to rank them in the top 10 of anything.

10) Tennessee Vols
9) Cowboys
8) WVU

Guess the rest....

7) New York Jets
6) Philadelphia 76ers
5) LA Dodgers
2) Kentucky Wildcats
Not happening Rutgers has never been a real #1 at anything! :)

Not happening Rutgers has never been a real #1 at anything! :)

Not true. I believe they are #1 in the nation for most losses in football history. Seriously.

Went to a game at WVU. Was hilariously called "white trash" by multiple gentlemen with little to no teeth and pit stains.

I'd put them in my bottom 3 easy. BUT also a great party scene there.