OT: What are your 3 favorite sports to watch on TV? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: What are your 3 favorite sports to watch on TV?

This is not as easy as I thought it might be.

What the heck:

1. College Basketball (SU)
2. College Football (SU)
3. PGA Golf

SU basketball
college basketball
NHL playoffs

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

1. NFL
2. College Football
3. Olympics

3 was tough. i went with those 3 since i can watch whatever they put on, regardless if my team is on or not. although id rather watch Team USA than other country, i will sit through some great medal finals. i watch 162 + playoff Yankee games, but dont really watch the sport other than them. college hoop could and maybe should, be 3, but in recent years its basically just Syracuse, top 10 matchups and the big tourney. the NHL and NBA i just watch the Rangers and Knicks respectivly and then the playoffs. but the Yankees take preference over any game not involving my teams.

and while im at it...i have no idea on gods green earth why any football fan WOULD NOT want the NFL to go to 18 games. no idea whatsover. simply put, you are a moron if you dont want that. i could care less if it means my season tickets gets a real game traded in place of a preseason. dont care, charge me another $150, just go to 18 games.

player safety??? bah, humbug. they dont practice, they dont hit and they dont showup when they should. 18 games.

18 games.

18 GAMES!!!!!

Oh Lord

College Football
College Basketball
Major League Baseball

1. NFL
2. College Football
3. Olympics

3 was tough. i went with those 3 since i can watch whatever they put on, regardless if my team is on or not. although id rather watch Team USA than other country, i will sit through some great medal finals. i watch 162 + playoff Yankee games, but dont really watch the sport other than them. college hoop could and maybe should, be 3, but in recent years its basically just Syracuse, top 10 matchups and the big tourney. the NHL and NBA i just watch the Rangers and Knicks respectivly and then the playoffs. but the Yankees take preference over any game not involving my teams.

and while im at it...i have no idea on gods green earth why any football fan WOULD NOT want the NFL to go to 18 games. no idea whatsover. simply put, you are a moron if you dont want that. i could care less if it means my season tickets gets a real game traded in place of a preseason. dont care, charge me another $150, just go to 18 games.

player safety??? bah, humbug. they dont practice, they dont hit and they dont showup when they should. 18 games.

18 games.

18 GAMES!!!!!

Oh Lord

When would start/end the reg season?

1. NFL
2. College Football
3. Olympics

18 games.

18 GAMES!!!!!

Oh Lord
16 games is perfect for the schedule. You play 6 division games home/away, one other division in your conference, one division from the other conference, and then one team from the other two divisions in your conference. Its a perfect schedule don't kill the golden goose. The NFL already has poor quality football in week 16, 17 for the teams out of it we don't need two more regular season games. If the NFL wanted an additional week just give every team two bye weeks and have 18 weeks rather than 17.
Also, I don't know why the freaking NFL doesn't give teams bye weeks and then have them play the Thursday Night games if they are going to play games on Thursday night. If the NFL had 2 bye weeks it would be easy to give 2 teams a bye week 2 and then have them play week 3 on Thursday and so on. However, I don't care for 18 games because the quality of games won't be as high late in the season giving the player two more games to kill each other. Just give them another bye week and have an extra week of football. You have to expand rosters for sure.

1. NFL (Steelers)
2. College FB (SU)
3. College BB (SU)

I was going to go with MLB as #3, but if the Yankees aren't playing, I find baseball rather boring. I also watch Hockey as long as the Pens are on and I used to watch Nascar every week, but now I find that pretty boring as well. Must be age.

When would start/end the reg season?
start same time.

it wont be armageddon to add 2 more teams with like records to the schedule.

end 2 weeks later on Presidents Day weekend.

Pro Bowl the Saturday on SuperBowl Weekend.

eliminate the extra week between Champ games and Super Bowl.

1 more bye week.

add roster players.

dont suck and make your week 18 & 19 games good.

the NFL can easily find 3 games on week 19 sunday to be 'National', the rest of the slate you get your local team.

18 games.

18 GAMES.

18 GAMES!!!!

Oh Lord

MCBB 251
CFB 224
NFL 137
NBA 31
National Soccer 29
Club Soccer 26
MLB 25
Golf 16
Lacrosse 15
NHL 9
Formula 1 7
Extreme Sports 5
Tennis 2
Cycling 2
Rugby Union 2
College Hockey 2
Track & Field 2
Olympics 2

start same time.

it wont be armageddon to add 2 more teams with like records to the schedule.

end 2 weeks later on Presidents Day weekend.

Pro Bowl the Saturday on SuperBowl Weekend.

eliminate the extra week between Champ games and Super Bowl.

1 more bye week.

add roster players.

dont suck and make your week 18 & 19 games good.

the NFL can easily find 3 games on week 19 sunday to be 'National', the rest of the slate you get your local team.

18 games.

18 GAMES.

18 GAMES!!!!

Oh Lord

Agree that they should definitely add a few roster spots.

I, and many more like me, would welcome a Super Bowl Sunday where the next day is Presidents Day.

Why this country has, for so long, put it's biggest sports celebration event on a day where you have to work the following day, has always been beyond me. Presidents Day would go from one of those Federal Holidays that some companies offer, to the same status as Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Memorial and Labor. Everyone would get it.

1 Syracuse Football
2 Syracuse Basketball
3 USMNT Soccer

Note: Though I admit, I was not aware of the Women's Lingerie Football League, and will have to check that out. Could very possibly alter my response.

1. College football
2. NFL
3. College basketball (SU)

Syracuse Mens Basketball
NFL
NCAA Football

If I can't narrow it to just SU Basketball here is my list:

NFL
NCAA Football
NCAA Mens Basketball

1. School bus figure 8 racing
2. Catfish snatching