OT: What countries have you been to? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

OT: What countries have you been to?

i have been to canada, pureto rico, jamaica, ireland, england, scottland, france, spain italy, the netherlands, greece

if you count layovers, i have also been to iceland (worst food ever)

the ironic thing is i have never been west of detroit or tennessee, whichever is further west

favorite cities: barcelona, paris and london
weirdest place: ios greece. it is a tiny island w what seems like hundreds of clubs/bars tucked away in the hills in these little places
craizest thing i did: run w the bulls in pamplona. those bulls are a lot bigger and person and move a hell of a lot faster
biggest dissappointment: athens greece. what a dump. but the historical part of town and acropolis is AMAZING

Canada, Mexico, Ecuador, Peru, England, Scotland, Netherlands, and Italy. My favorite was Italy with Venice, & Rome being places I want to explore more. I'm fond of Scotland as well.

Canada, Mexico, Grand Cayman Island, Jamaica, England, Scotland, France and Switzerland. If we are counting Puerto Rico, then there as well. Potential trip to Ireland this fall and I'd really like to make it to Australia and New Zealand before too long.

Looks like MCC might have the lead. I like these type of threads because it brings some lurkers out. It'd be cool to see who on this board has travelled the most, albeit even just for a few hours in another country (layover perhaps?).

Lived in Italy and West Germany...

Been to Canada, England, France, East Germany, Switzerland, Netherlands, Austria, Greece, Mexico, St. Maarten, Bermuda, St. Kitts, St. Bart, St. Thomas, St. John, Grand Cayman, Jamaica & Aruba.

To me, layovers don't count. Sitting on a runway in Reykjavik because the plane needs to refuel does not count as having visited Iceland.

well my list is rather small...you guys really got this traveling thing down.. lol
anyways...Canada, Dominica, Haiti, St Marteen, Tortola, St. Thomas.

I want to go to Spain to see Real Madrid play Barcelona in el classico. I want to run with the bulls as well.

Japan, Thailand, China, Hong Kong, Laos, South Korea, India, South Africa, Kenya, Israel, Lebanon, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, Greece, Italy, Belgium, England, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Switzerland,Sweden, Finland, USSR-Russia, Czech Republic, Bulgaria, Belgium, Spain, Portugal, Brazil, Argentina, Monaco, Bermuda, Bahamas, Mexico, and most recently Costa Rica and Dominican Republic...
..and a few places in the United States that I would consider foreign in the contiguous 48.

Favorites: Beirut, Lebanon in 70's when paradise of Middle East
London, England so much like home
Kenya for wild game...photos only
Crete, Greece...beautiful
Venice, Italy...best all around place to visit...eclectic, food, walking, romance, architecture, and people...before it is swallowed by the water

Least favorites: South Korea...overlooked by North Korea...not fun
Athens, Greece...expensive and not delicious food...lots of rocks called for historic ruins

Amazing that one of the most remembered and visited is 'The Hill" (University)

It's Good to be Cuse!!!!
I sure agree about Athens. The Greek Isles are wonderful. The Acropolis is fascinating, but the rest of the city is worse than any other national capital I've ever seen. Honestly, even Bratislava in the Slovak Republic is more interesting

I sure agree about Athens. The Greek Isles are wonderful. The Acropolis is fascinating, but the rest of the city is worse than any other national capital I've ever seen. Honestly, even Bratislava in the Slovak Republic is more interesting

The national archeological museum is very interesting and the plaka was nice to visit.

To me, Athens is like Honalulu. You stop there for day to see what you need to see and then you get to the islands as quickly as possible.

I have been to Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, Germany, Italy, and Austria.

I would like to go to Argentina and Spain. I hear they are both lovely.

Oktoberfest 2011
314650_10150309793965583_244390581_n.jpg

Was the person taking your picture falling over drunk, or do you usually get low profile pictures taken of you that emphasize your junk? And is the guy behind you looking at your ass or is he looking at the guy's head that is touching your ass? :)

I also can't believe none of you have been to the U.S. It's a pretty nice place. :)

Okay, I've left my standard imprint on a thread by adding absolutely nothing on topic. Please carry on...

Canada, Mexico, Spain, Canary Islands, Costa Rica, Aruba, St Maarten, St Kitts and Nevis, Bermuda, Anguilla, Portugal. I might have to pull out my passport to double check. Next trip is St Barts.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I need to edit mine to include Jamaica and Dominican Republic. Been there but can't imagine how I forgot to include them.

Egypt, Ghana, South Africa, China, Hong Kong, India, Maldives, Turkey, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Russia, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City, Aruba, Bahamas, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Jamaica, Mexico, Saint Martin/Sint Maarten, Australia, New Zealand

Favorite landscapes: Switzerland and New Zealand (met my wife on the way there)
Most relaxing: Maldives & Spain (Mallorca is great)
Great architecture: most of Europe - love the history around every corner
Most surprising: Malta (had a really fun time here)

For me personally, and hopefully this doesn't offend anyone, I just have no interest to go to Australia whatsoever. If I'm going to spend that many hours in transit, I want to go to a place/culture that's completely foreign to me, like Vietnam.

Canada (birthplace), France, Germany, Holland,Austria,Switzerland,Mexico,Cayman Islands,Jamaica,St.Marten,Haiti,Bahamas, and these don't really count - Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico

Been: England, Australia

Want to go: Greek islands, Colombia, South Africa, New Zealand, back to Australia
and then sadly - U.S. destinations - Bay Area, San Diego, Boise

never get tired of these (at least in the summer):

Been to: Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Turks & Caicos, Spain, England, France, Netherlands, Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland, Italy, Australia, Brazil

On the short list (the one upside of the young kids growing up will be reigniting international travel): Croatia, Japan, Vietnam, South Africa, Russia

Canada, Mexico, Belize, Ireland, Belgium, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Italy, France, Spain, Russia, Ukraine, Lithuania, and Turkey.

Anybody who's not been to Turkey needs to go and see the Aegean Sea Coast (Izmir, Ephesus, etc.), Cappadocia (see below for an image), and the incredible Istanbul. Trip of a lifetime. It was fantastic.

(Turkey)+-+Cappadocia+-+Land+of+fairy+chimneys+1.jpg

USA - NY, NJ, CA, VT, UT, CO, FL, MA, OH, GA, NC, SC, MA, DE, PA, ME, NH, RI, CT, VA, TN, LA, MS, AL, TX, NV, NM, AZ, AR, KY, IL, IN, WY, NE, IA, WV, PR (phew, that took a while as I had to follow route 80, I95 and the states they pass through)
Canada - Toronto, Montreal
Mexico - Cancun
Bahamas - Paradise Island, Atlantis, Grand Bahama
France - Paris, Nice, St. Martin
England - London, Basingstoke
Holland - Amsterdam, outskirts, St. Maarten
Germany - Berlin
Austria - Salzburg
Italy - Rome, Napoli, Pompeii, Florence, Venice
Vatican City
Hungary - Budapest
Czechoslovakia - Prague
Spain - Barcelona, Pamplona
Switzerland - Interlaken

Been to:
Mexico
Canada
Bermuda
Bahamas
France

Want to go to:
Austria
Germany
Thailand

Canada, Mexico, Spain, Canary Islands, Costa Rica, Aruba, St Maarten, St Kitts and Nevis, Bermuda, Anguilla, Portugal. I might have to pull out my passport to double check. Next trip is St Barts.

Hey Cliftonpark, How is St. Kitts & Nevis? I'm thinking about a trip there sometime in the next year, and was wondering what you thought of it?

My meager list is below:

Canada, Mexico, Japan

US territories: Puerto Rico, Guam

Canada- Born in Canada
Mexico- Cozumel
UK- London, Portsmouth
France- Breast, Cannes, Marseille, Paris
Spain- Barcelona, Tarragona, Malaga, Palma
Portugal- Lisbon
Italy- Trieste, Naples, Rome, Venice
Crete- Souda Bay
Croatia- Dubrovnik
Greece- Rhodes, Corfu
Turkey- Antalya, Marmaris
Israel- Haifa, Tel Aviv
UAE- Dubai/Jebel Ali
Bharain
St Maarten
Belize
Honduras
Cayman Islands
Puerto Rico, if that counts

Hey Cliftonpark, How is St. Kitts & Nevis? I'm thinking about a trip there sometime in the next year, and was wondering what you thought of it?

I've been to St Kitts and Nevis five different times starting in 1999 and last time a couple years ago. Needless to say it is our "home away from home" and have a lot of favorite spots and memories. It's grown up a lot since the first couple times we went when we took a two seater airplane from the St Kitts airport to the Nevis airstrip. They didn't have a airport then and when we landed a group of guys came out with a milk crate so we could exit our little plane. Then our first day on the beach a heard of cows came storming down the beach at full speed and came to a stop in front of our little "cottage" so they could drink out of the little container outside our door that we cleaned our feet from the beach sand.

th

The next night we saw the "airport crew" when they came to the "Oualie Beach Hotel" where we were staying and were the entertainment at the bar at night as part of the "Nevis Honeybee string band" playing a bunch of homemade instruments made out of bamboo and similar type materials.

th

Of course that was just as surreal as the 350 pig who hangs out on the beach along with the green vervet monkeys in St Kitts.

th
th

The second time we went two years later, we took the ferry from St Kitts to Nevis and we were the only people on the ferry besides the crew. No places to sit except with all of the produce on board.

One of the things that Nevis is famous for is Sunshines bar and grill. It's right next door to the Four Seasons but attracts all kinds of folks. Sunshine is a very famous "celebrity" now

Now there is a nice Marriott on St Kitts with gambling and a nice golf course. I think the Four Seasons is open again in Nevis. They have a car ferry between the two islands and a lot more development. It is still very laid back compared to the other islands we have been but its not for everyone. Like I said, we've gone five times so we endorse it. In fact one of my favorite things of all time is to take a drive down the Southern Penisula on St Kitts. It's a very gorgeous view.

th

Been: England (lived there for three years), France, Ireland, Spain, Belgium, Luxembourg, Italy, Canada, Jamaica, Czech Republic, Poland (watched 2003 National semi-final there), Netherlands.

Want to go: New Zealand, China, Japan, Germany, Brazil

Should be its own country: Texas

Puerto Rico (well OK that's still the U.S.)
Canada (Toronto, Montreal, Tremblant, Vancouver, Whistler)
Italy (Pisa, Florence, Cinque Terra, Venice, Orta)
Germany (Munich, Bavaria)
Austria (Salzburg)
Switzerland (Interlaken, Lauterbrunnen, Montreaux)

Want to go to France, England, Spain, the Caribbean, back to some of the above, New Zealand, Australia . . . but with two kids under age 3 it may be quite a while!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom