OT: When you say bad things on air... | Syracusefan.com

OT: When you say bad things on air...

cto

Administrator
The flap over the kid at the North Dakota tv station who's been suspended for saying "fuxking shxt" when he did not know he was on the air... reminds me of a story. In the 70s, when I was at Con Ed, we were under siege by local politicians and the NYC media. Andy Stein, the Manhattan borough president who had a single digit IQ but a rich father, was always issuing anti-Con Ed press releases. One day, a crew from Channel 5 shows up, ostensibly to interview me about another subject. While walking to my office, they bring up the latest Andy Stein statement. I casually reply, "Andy Stein is full of shxt." Well, the camera was rolling (unknown to me), and the segment appeared on Channel 5 that night. I was sure I was going to be fired. Instead, when I walked into the management cafeteria the next day, everyone there got up and did a "Tough Tucker" cheer. (Joyce Tucker was my name at the time). One of the coolest moments of my career.

Very nice, and just reminds me of when I've watched games on the computer on Orange All-Access and the play by play guys didn't realize they were still broadcasting during "breaks." Some pretty entertaining stuff a few of those times...

Very nice, and just reminds me of when I've watched games on the computer on Orange All-Access and the play by play guys didn't realize they were still broadcasting during "breaks." Some pretty entertaining stuff a few of those times...

Walnuts anyone? :D

I sure hope the rest of the good old USA stands up for what they truly feel , is the right thing too do . Thanks CTO for cutting loose on the idiots !!!

The bigger problem is that he gives Boom Goes The Dynamite guy a run for his money.

This is a sports announcer who can turn a phrase:

Dave Feherty - CBS GOLF ANNOUNCER
He said one day, "It would be easier to pick a broken nose, than a winner in that group."

A few other choice Dave Feherty quotes are below. If you watch golf on TV, he's often an announcer with a distinct Northern Ireland accent and a colorful way of putting things, so to speak.
Feherty is a CBS and Golf Channel announcer who finds very unique, colorful and uninhibited ways of explaining or describing whatever is on his mind ... (he’s probably always on time delay these days).

Feherty Quotes:
"Fortunately, Rory is 22 years old so his right wrist should be the strongest muscle in his body."

"That ball is so far left, Lassie couldn't find it if it was wrapped in bacon."

"I am sorry Nick Faldo couldn't be here this week. He is attending the birth of his next wife."
Jim Furyk's swing "looks like an octopus falling out of a tree."
Describing VJ Singh's prodigious practice regime - "VJ hits more balls than Elton John's chin." (I thought I was going to hurt myself laughing at that one.)
"That's a great shot with that swing."

"It's OK - the bunker stopped it."
At Augusta 2011 –
"It's just a glorious day. The only way to ruin a day like this would be to play golf on it."

"That was a great shot - if they'd have put the pin there today."

"Watching Phil Mickelson play golf is like watching a drunk chasing a balloon near the edge of a cliff."

"That green appears smaller than a Pygmie's nipple".

Clearly, Fxxking Sxxt are about the only two words he can string together in a sensible way. West Virginia grad, what do you expect?

Guess it depends on what channel and time of day you choose for so-called bad words airing on radio or TV. This entire censorship thing is a joke, really. RIP George Carlin.

David Ortiz dropped an f-bomb at Fenway this weekend. Head of the FCC thought it was awesome, though.

I'm sure he went a long way in reinforcing the existing stereotype of east coasters for the folks in North Dakota.

The "seven dirty words" as spelled out by George Carline......

The seven dirty words (or "Filthy Words") are seven English-language words that American comedian George Carlin first listed in 1972 in his monologue "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television".[1] The words are http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/, piss, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/,http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fellatio, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/, and tits.
At the time, the words were considered highly inappropriate and unsuitable for broadcast on the public airwaves in the United States, whether radio or television. As such, they were avoided in scripted material, and bleep censored in the rare cases in which they were used; broadcast standards differ in different parts of the world, then and now, although most of the words on Carlin's original list remain taboo on American broadcast television as of 2013. The list was not an official enumeration of forbidden words, but rather was compiled by Carlin. Nonetheless, a radio broadcast featuring these words led to a U.S. Supreme Court decision that helped establish the extent to which the federal government could regulate speech on broadcast

Easily one of the most cringe-worthy 30 seconds of television that I've seen in a while...

Wow... the censor thing here ... got rid of five of them... Here is what they are ... sort of... piss, shxt, fuxk, cxnt, coxksuxker, motherfuxker, and tits.

The chairman of the FCC didn't have a problem with Big Papi saying this on Saturday at Fenway Park.

Guess it depends on what channel and time of day you choose for so-called bad words airing on radio or TV. This entire censorship thing is a joke, really. RIP George Carlin.
One of my favorite George Carlin lines-
"Imagine how stupid the average person is, and then realize half are stupider than that."

The chairman of the FCC didn't have a problem with Big Papi saying this on Saturday at Fenway Park.
Ah, the chairman is a Hahvahd Law grad so he's probably a Sox fan. He sent out this tweet re Papi's f-bomb: David Ortiz spoke from the heart at today’s Red Sox game. I stand with Big Papi and the people of Boston - Julius. Plus he announced in March that he'd be leaving the FCC soon so he probably doesn't give a fxxk...

Ah, the chairman is a Hahvahd Law grad so he's probably a Sox fan. He sent out this tweet re Papi's f-bomb: David Ortiz spoke from the heart at today’s Red Sox game. I stand with Big Papi and the people of Boston - Julius. Plus he announced in March that he'd be leaving the FCC soon so he probably doesn't give a fxxk...
Janet Jackson's nipple salutes you sir.

The big papi f bomb/ FCC thing is just one more bizarre thing to stack on top of the existing mile high stack of bizarre things related to the whole marathon thing.

Wow... the censor thing here ... got rid of five of them... Here is what they are ... sort of... piss, shxt, fuxk, cxnt, coxksuxker, motherfuxker, and tits.

In the interest of gender fairness, what about fatherer?

A Dave Feherty favorite of mine: "that ball is going to run like a 3-year old's nose.”

For all you young ones... who don't know "Alice's Restaurant," this is of what we have been speaking ... Alice and Obie and all of it. It was an anthem of the anti-war movement of the 1960's. Songs actually had lyrics and tunes back then.

Walk right in its around the back, just a half a mile from the railroad track... :)