OT: Winston coverup?? | Syracusefan.com

OT: Winston coverup??

Seems like she's setting up a lawsuit against the PD for how they handled her. Still, can't get over the fact that she initially reported the attacker was only 5'11".

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Hard to tell whether this is the media searching every loop to nail someone to the post like they did with bernie or an actual cover-up.

Seems like she's setting up a lawsuit against the PD for how they handled her. Still, can't get over the fact that she initially reported the attacker was only 5'11".

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using
both prosecutors and rape advocates determining one's height can be the toughest thing to do since the victim is in shock from the crime. what if she was already laying down in bed when this supposedly happened.

Plus some are saying that Winston is only 6'2" at best

Sounds like she was hammered too so that would factor in

From article:
"The family's statement also accuses the Tallahassee PD of misrepresenting to the media that the woman was intoxicated when blood tests showed otherwise."

That'll be interesting, if it is in fact true.

why do stores and banks put the measuring tapes at exits of doors to get the height of the criminals...because people are not reliable when it comes to guessing ones height.

That doesn't sound like a statement from people who are throwing 10lbs of on a wall hoping something sticks. Time to be worried FSU fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That doesn't sound like a statement from people who are throwing 10lbs of on a wall hoping something sticks. Time to be worried FSU fans.

Some statements are pretty innocuous depending on the context. There is a lot we don't know.

An officer could easily have said sympathetically that she would be raked over the coals for going forward. But taken out of context it sounds awful. The stuff about being intoxicated, I don't know when the tests were taken. Seems like something easily proven.

Her lawyers are doing a good job. Their job is to twist word and make the other side look awful. I don't envy this girl's position if she's telling the truth though it seems strange that this is all coming out now and not months ago before he was the Heisman leader and his team was on the verge of a BCS appearance.

Some statements are pretty innocuous depending on the context. There is a lot we don't know.

An officer could easily have said sympathetically that she would be raked over the coals for going forward. But taken out of context it sounds awful. The stuff about being intoxicated, I don't know when the tests were taken. Seems like something easily proven.

Her lawyers are doing a good job. Their job is to twist word and make the other side look awful. I don't envy this girl's position if she's telling the truth though it seems strange that this is all coming out now and not months ago before he was the Heisman leader and his team was on the verge of a BCS appearance.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using

Yeah the timing is definitely interesting here given his success. Although without knowing the back story hard to say how much they have been fighting this in the background since then.

Yeah the timing is definitely interesting here given his success. Although without knowing the back story hard to say how much they have been fighting this in the background since then.

I agree. And you know, I was all over Duke lacrosse and fell into the trap of believing they were guilty. Since then I think its important to be cautious. This isn't a comical situation like Manti Teo's fake girlfriend. One of these two is an actual victim.

There's so much we don't know that I'm going to err on the side that he's innocent.

I got some dirty looks at the games Saturday when they introduced him and I yelled "Rapest"

These cases are really problematic. It is hard to know the truth and they are rarely handled well by local PD. There are certainly enough serious allegations of mishandling by the police to warrant a state investigation. After the Ped State affair one would think Universities would handle these things better.

These cases are really problematic. It is hard to know the truth and they are rarely handled well by local PD. There are certainly enough serious allegations of mishandling by the police to warrant a state investigation. After the Ped State affair one would think Universities would handle these things better.

It will be better when people realize there probably isn't a 'better' way that actually respects the rights of the accused.

Or just go fully to show trials and be done with it. Either way would be better than the current system of hypocrisy by all parties.

These are the worst of stories. Because if true, you want nothing but to support the victim. But if not, it will have become a huge smear against Winston. There are no winners here. Just wait, and hope that justice presents itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom