other than "on the bubble" | Syracusefan.com

other than "on the bubble"

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
whats the most played out phrase this time of year? (and yes i said played out, im stuck in 1995)

"who did you play, who did you beat"

"the eye test"

"overall body of work"

im sure im missing a bunch

Eye test is the worst of those because it's stupid, arbitrary, and almost always based on a tiny sample size.

^^ Yah blind resume is a good one too. "Hey guys a home game vs #24 is the same as a road game vs #2 and harder than a road game vs #26!".

I can agree to disagree with people who cover college hoops all year. I really detest all seeding talk from 'Generic Talking Head' Guy who is just starting to follow it now when two months ago he was complaining about the games not meaning anything.

"Jabari Parker is the best freshman in college basketball baby"!! "He is a true diaper dandy!"

"This team is on a mission!"

wink.jpg

"Rim protector."

That seems to be new to the college basketball parlance this year.

Cinderella story. thanks NC State, because other than an occassional fluke to the Final 4, prince charming usually ends up with 1 of the sisters.

"S Curve"

I still have no idea what this actually means.

Just a fancy way to discuss how teams are ranked from 1-68. It used to be more relevant when they tried to really balance the top 4 seed lines according to rankings (1-8, 2-7 for example). Now it's georgraphy (as long as bracket rules work)

People who label " the 11 over 6 and the 10 over 7" as big upsets.

quote="CorduroyG, post: 974303, member: 1011"]whats the most played out phrase this time of year? (and yes i said played out, im stuck in 1995)

"who did you play, who did you beat"

"the eye test"

"overall body of work"

im sure im missing a bunch[/quote]
on a mission

"getting hot at the right time" or some variation of that...I believe we may have heard some of this in the past.

"I can't believe I won the pool! I just picked the mascots I liked most."

or in a similar vain:

"Hmm...I just pick teams based on what color I like more."

People telling you about their brackets. If it's not my bracket, I don't care. I don't care who you have on your fantasy team either, but that's a different discussion!

"It's hard to beat a team three times."

I've never seen any evidence to support that claim other than a couple anecdotal examples.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom