Otto redesign | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Otto redesign

Lean into what we got. New cuddlier Otto depictions. Get weird with it, give Otto a cuddle area next to the field where he can invite fans to watch the game with him. Sell Otto Juice and Otto full body pillows, Market it as an Otto body experience

Lean into what we got. New cuddlier Otto depictions. Get weird with it, give Otto a cuddle area next to the field where he can invite fans to watch the game with him. Sell Otto Juice and Otto full body pillows, Market it as an Otto body experience
I like this a lot

Could have an area for kids who are suffering illnesses/diseases and kids who win raffles to get to watch the game with Otto on the sidelines. All for it.

IMG_1650.gif

3b6a1c66-49e1-4675-8dee-e3d0ea833ce5_rw_1200.jpg
Quinn should at least acknowledge what he is doing has already been done, for years, by Mike.

I like having some alternate depictions of Otto with a different persona. Unofficially.

But Otto is and always should be the anti mascot. That is what makes him/her so endearing.

The logo could use an update though. Lose the shag, which is not true to the mascot, and do some work on the hat. Make it look a bit more like the actual Otto mascot.

Last wish for this offseason (other than OL improvement) is going back to MvNabb era unis and taking the S off the helmet.

The kid is right. Official Otto is outta whack, furry, and looks like someone drew it on a napkin - But he"s oddly endearing.

His look like teenage Otto. Trying to be tough- and cute at the same time.

Love Borkowski's tough Otto's. Good graphics for a Big game.

Cute Otto is listed in many Top 10's. Kind of shocking, because its a freaking Orange. I think he did a nice Job, but Cute Otto is the way to go . Tough Otto occasionally. Splitting the difference is reasonable, but seems less endearing, either way.

His primary is pretty good.

Quinn should at least acknowledge what he is doing has already been done, for years, by Mike.

I like having some alternate depictions of Otto with a different persona. Unofficially.

But Otto is and always should be the anti mascot. That is what makes him/her so endearing.

The logo could use an update though. Lose the shag, which is not true to the mascot, and do some work on the hat. Make it look a bit more like the actual Otto mascot.

The anti-mascot! I love it.

I always looked at it this way: When SU is beating up on your team, how much more humiliating is it to look over and see this goofy, fun loving, Orange ball dancing around in your face!

And let's not forget those classic "This is Sportscenter" commercial appearances!

The kid is right. Official Otto is outta whack, furry, and looks like someone drew it on a napkin - But he"s oddly endearing.

His look like teenage Otto. Trying to be tough- and cute at the same time.

Love Borkowski's tough Otto's. Good graphics for a Big game.

Cute Otto is listed in many Top 10's. Kind of shocking, because its a freaking Orange. I think he did a nice Job, but Cute Otto is the way to go . Tough Otto occasionally. Splitting the difference is reasonable, but seems less endearing, either way.

His primary is pretty good.
"Determined Otto" on game days. "Cute Otto" on non game days.
Borkowski is God.

I think it’s too late to redesign Otto at this point.

I’d love a more Borkowki look, but I think you’re limited with body shape. The bigger the circle part of Otto gets, the harder it will be for the person inside to move around.

I do think Otto lost a little personality with the last redesign (10ish years ago?). The face was a bit better with the cursive ”Syracuse” version.

What I do think is possible is make the costume better. Make the inner structure more robust so it doesn’t get so saggy. And pony up the money to replace the costume more often, because it definitely gets too dirty looking.

No love for the classic Syracusefan.com "War Otto". BTW, who designed this back in the day?
cto can correct me on this but a few of the board admins got together a long time ago to brainstorm a logo for the board for something people on the board wanted to buy. I think it was t-shirts but I could be wrong on that.

We were doing War Damn Otto at the end of our posts a lot at the time. Maybe not we. Maybe just me. That was inspired by visits to the site from Auburn fans, who all seemed to end their posts here with

'Damn Damn Eagle!'

Anyway, 'War Damn Otto' got me thinking about what Otto would look like if he went to war. We talked about that and ended up with a version of Otto with a Viking helmet, a big axe in one hand and a beer stein in the other.

cto knew a guy on the Boneyard who would draw up the concept and make a proper graphic, which was needed to create the merchandise we will going to brand with this. His name was Tom something. Maybe Tom Dwyer. He created the graphic for us then and it lives to this day.

I believe this was the first time anyone designed an angry version of Otto.

As to when it happened...we played a home and home with Auburn in the early 2000s. The game at Syracuse was played on September 22, 2001 and the game at Auburn was played on September 28, 2002.

The Auburn game at Syracuse was the first game played at the dome post 9/11 and it was a very emotional time for for Syracuse fans and the entire country.

Anyway, the logo was designed in this time frame, which means it is well over 20 years old. That is pretty scary.

"Not Optimized for Screens"

We've lost so many classic logos over the years to this B. S.

Pat the Patriot, the OG Dolphins logo, etc etc. Now we do these throwback games and the fans are clamoring for the old thing because it was BETTER. Stop redesigning classics.

I know this guy had a project to do, not bashing him.

cto can correct me on this but a few of the board admins got together a long time ago to brainstorm a logo for the board for something people on the board wanted to buy. I think it was t-shirts but I could be wrong on that.

We were doing War Damn Otto at the end of our posts a lot at the time. Maybe not we. Maybe just me. That was inspired by visits to the site from Auburn fans, who all seemed to end their posts here with

'Damn Damn Eagle!'

Anyway, 'War Damn Otto' got me thinking about what Otto would look like if he went to war. We talked about that and ended up with a version of Otto with a Viking helmet, a big axe in one hand and a beer stein in the other.

cto knew a guy on the Boneyard who would draw up the concept and make a proper graphic, which was needed to create the merchandise we will going to brand with this. His name was Tom something. Maybe Tom Dwyer. He created the graphic for us then and it lives to this day.

I believe this was the first time anyone designed an angry version of Otto.

As to when it happened...we played a home and home with Auburn in the early 2000s. The game at Syracuse was played on September 22, 2001 and the game at Auburn was played on September 28, 2002.

The Auburn game at Syracuse was the first game played at the dome post 9/11 and it was a very emotional time for for Syracuse fans and the entire country.

Anyway, the logo was designed in this time frame, which means it is well over 20 years old. That is pretty scary.
That Auburn game was sweet. There were a couple of Auburn fans sitting behind us and they were on the phone at halftime trying to make arrangements to fly out of Syracuse asap.

I didn't know this.

Otto is 1 of the 1st Ten voted into the College Mascot Hall of Fame. Received the highest percentage of votes!

It's ridiculous that an Orange is a loved, recognizable mascot, but it is... Sometimes you don't mess with stuff.

Other mascots are trying to be "something." Otto is just Otto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom