Ottos Grove Signing Day Podcast | Syracusefan.com

Ottos Grove Signing Day Podcast

JackBauer44

'18 & / '21 Cali Winner: Receiving & Rushing Yards
Hey Gang - With the early NSD officially done with, we are set to record our first recruiting podcast of the year. It’s being recorded tomorrow, and we are looking for people to submit questions for our Q and A. If you’d like for your question to potentially be answered, feel free to comment on this thread or send me a DM!

Looking forward to a fun filled Podcast!

Nice!

I'm sure you'll talk about this in depth already, but I'd be curious to hear which recruits you think will push for playing time next year? Also, which recruit or two do you see being a hidden gem of the class?

Nice!

I'm sure you'll talk about this in depth already, but I'd be curious to hear which recruits you think will push for playing time next year? Also, which recruit or two do you see being a hidden gem of the class?
Curious about the recruiting efforts, and degree of success, for the new coaches (West, Gilbert, White).

The success we had with the kids from HI this cycle will that lead to getting more kids from HI or did we just get lucky this cycle.

Thoughts on what we are going to do with the handful of scholarships we have left.

You’re already gonna give the scoop on Nelson decommit, so that was my main one.

Are we still targeting any HS guys for Feb?
(Besides Moss)

Or do you think the staff will POUND THE PORTAL ;) for the remaining 4-5 guys?

Who’s on top of our wish list for the rest of this class?

You’re already gonna give the scoop on Nelson decommit, so that was my main one.

Are we still targeting any HS guys for Feb?
(Besides Moss)

Or do you think the staff will POUND THE PORTAL ;) for the remaining 4-5 guys?

Who’s on top of our wish list for the rest of this class?

I second this question -- are we looking HS or transfer to fill the remaining slots.

Would be awesome to hear your thoughts on how well the defensive recruits match the 3-3-5 vision.

Also, we know about Swag Daddy, but which of the other coaches really showed well this recruiting cycle?

I second this question -- are we looking HS or transfer to fill the remaining slots.
I was thinking about this. Obviously immediate need is important in some spots and particularly important for Dino to stick around, so I think he takes the full 25 players in the class. But I think it would be wise to see if we can use them on Grad transfers that would have one year of eligibility and then be gone in 2021. Obviously unless you can find some real difference makers that are transfers with more eligibility you take them. I can see a situation where in the 2022 class Colleges are not going to be able to take too many guys, because they need to get back down to the 85 scholarship limit. All colleges will have players that have another year available that normally would have been gone after the 20201 season. But they will be returning because of the 2020 year that didn't count for everyone. That means we should be able to get some higher quality recruits next year if all schools take fewer players. Then again maybe the NCAA eventually decides to push that 85 number up slightly for just the '22 class. Who knows?