Ouch! minor setback for a board contibutor | Syracusefan.com

Ouch! minor setback for a board contibutor

Flacusian

All Conference
I had an accident at work yesterday and severely lacerated the end of my left index finger. Won't be posting as much or as often since I have a humongous bandage on my hand. The worst part is that I am a guitar player and have been playing for 42 years. Looks like it's going to be a very long time before I can even see if I'll still be able to play. :(

Anyhow, I'll still be here many times each day but just typing this out is difficult. The pain meds aren't' helping my typing either! I was just trying to help out with the morale of my employees and went out into the shop to pitch in and would have been better off staying in my office and giving out a few bonuses or atta boys.

I'll be on the mend but a win against Duke would greatly cheer me up!

I had an accident at work yesterday and severely lacerated the end of my left index finger. Won't be posting as much or as often since I have a humongous bandage on my hand. The worst part is that I am a guitar player and have been playing for 42 years. Looks like it's going to be a very long time before I can even see if I'll still be able to play. :(

Anyhow, I'll still be here many times each day but just typing this out is difficult. The pain meds aren't' helping my typing either! I was just trying to help out with the morale of my employees and went out into the shop to pitch in and would have been better off staying in my office and giving out a few bonuses or atta boys.

I almost 'liked' this, but that wouldn't make sense. Hang in and get better soon.

You know, that's how Tony Iommi created the Black Sabbath sound. He nearly chopped his finger off at the factory he worked at, then covered what was left of his finger with a metal thimble.
This distorted the sound and gave it a dark tone. You can see it in this pic:

Tony+Iomi%27s+finger.jpg

No excuses Flacusian.

Seriously get well soon.

iommi: How did you not bring this up?

Last edited:
You know, that's how Tony Iommi created the Black Sabbath sound. He nearly chopped his finger off at the factory he worked at, then covered what was left of his finger with a metal thimble.
This distorted the sound and gave it a dark tone. You can see it in this pic:

Tony+Iomi%27s+finger.jpg

No excuses Flacusian.

Seriously get well soon.

iommi: How did you not bring this up?

It wasn't a metal thimble...but I get the point.

Owww! I know how you feel, sliced the end of my finger off with a meat slicer when I was young and working in a restaurant. Sliced about ¼ of my fingernail and a small piece of bone clean off. Some lady found it in her salad... jk..

Flacusian, that's terrible! Were you daydreaming? Mind elsewhere, perhaps a little south of the border, hmmmmm? Like Durham, NC? The hardest part for you I am sure is guitar playing. But I know you will figure it out!

When I was in college I was riding the bus back to school and sat next to a cheerful young woman. I couldn't help but notice that she had one finger almost entirely gone on one hand, and two fingers shortened on the other. When I asked her what happened, she laughed and said, "Oh, I am just so careless!"

Hope you will soon get past the pain, and that our game tomorrow will not increase it.

Ouch! Get well soon, Flacusian!

Flacusian said:

I'm sure TomCat will lend you his voice recognition software.

Overheard in the Syracuse lockerroom before the Duke game:
"And then he says to me, he says- Doc, he says: When the boys are up against it, when all the breaks aren't turning their way...tell em to give it all they've got...and win one for the Flaccer"! ;)

Do you think losing his fingertips would stop Jimmy B from picking his nose on national TV? No! Get in there dude!

But seriously, that must have hurt like hell. Hope the team gives you a boost Sat night.

Here is your inspiration!! Iommi's namesake chopped off the tips of three fingers and became the all time greatest riff player...ever.

You'll be back in no time. Sorry to hear about the injury. Get well soon.
Jerry from The Grateful Dead Garcia too!

I'm sure TomCat will lend you his voice recognition software.
Sorry to hear about your injury FCuse.

There have been worse ideas. VR software these days is pretty darned good. Just don't dictate a whole post and put it on the board without reviewing it. Unless your goal is to be unintentionally funny...