Ouch! minor setback for a board contibutor | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ouch! minor setback for a board contibutor

I had an accident at work yesterday and severely lacerated the end of my left index finger. Won't be posting as much or as often since I have a humongous bandage on my hand. The worst part is that I am a guitar player and have been playing for 42 years. Looks like it's going to be a very long time before I can even see if I'll still be able to play. :(

Anyhow, I'll still be here many times each day but just typing this out is difficult. The pain meds aren't' helping my typing either! I was just trying to help out with the morale of my employees and went out into the shop to pitch in and would have been better off staying in my office and giving out a few bonuses or atta boys.

I'll be on the mend but a win against Duke would greatly cheer me up!
You a southpaw?

I had an accident at work yesterday and severely lacerated the end of my left index finger. Won't be posting as much or as often since I have a humongous bandage on my hand. The worst part is that I am a guitar player and have been playing for 42 years. Looks like it's going to be a very long time before I can even see if I'll still be able to play. :(

Anyhow, I'll still be here many times each day but just typing this out is difficult. The pain meds aren't' helping my typing either! I was just trying to help out with the morale of my employees and went out into the shop to pitch in and would have been better off staying in my office and giving out a few bonuses or atta boys.

It'll get better...just takes time.
Fortunately, it's not a finger joint...which is a difficult heal.

I'm sure you're sick of hearing about players who did it without all their digits.
But one of the all-time greatest ...Django Reinhardt... only had two functioning fingers on his fret hand.

And speaking of great players, I had the opportunity to see Ronnie Earl last night.
Incredible blues player.
It put me in the proper frame of mind for the game...I hear Blues for Duke (and I don't mean Ellington).

Hang in, man. And once the swelling goes down, it might be a good time to practice open tunings and playing some slide? :)

Sorry to hear of the injury to your index finger. Hope you get well soon.

At least you've still got your middle finger to show to Duke.

Hang in, man. And once the swelling goes down, it might be a good time to practice open tunings and playing some slide? :)
Exactly! After years of learning to emulate Duane Allman along comes Derek Trucks and I suddenly feel like I have to learn all over again! He plays like he's from another planet.

Exactly! After years of learning to emulate Duane Allman along comes Derek Trucks and I suddenly feel like I have to learn all over again! He plays like he's from another planet.

Yes, him and Sonny Landreth both. I sat in the front row last summer at a Trucks-Tedeschi concert. Terrific show. Made me lock all my slides up for a month ;)

Last edited:
Horrible 1st world problems we have. Hope the healing goes smoothly

Flacusian, hang in there! Focus on other activities that don't require finger dexterity while you heal. You will be back .. be patient.