Ouch St. Johns is 0-5 in the Big East | Syracusefan.com

Ouch St. Johns is 0-5 in the Big East

Alsacs

Living Legend
I was just looking at the Big East standing and saw St. John's is 0-5 at least Villanova is undefeated and in first place. Remember when that St. John's troll was telling us before the season that St. John's was more athletic, and had more talent than Syracuse. Goodness, I guess Lavin always has a future in TV to fall back on. If he is gone we could possibly get the most underrated TV basketball pairing Lavinberger, Brent Musberger, and Steve Lavin back calling basketball games soon.

At this point, Lavin has to be considered the worst coach in America, right? That team has some players and they aren't exactly losing to heavy hitters.

Its also pretty enjoyable to see Bulter is 0-5. Not just because I hate Butler but I don't think many fans of these squads from minor or mid conferences understand the grind of a major conference and the BE is a step down from a major conference this year.

I was just looking at the Big East standing and saw St. John's is 0-5 at least Villanova is undefeated and in first place. Remember when that St. John's troll was telling us before the season that St. John's was more athletic, and had more talent than Syracuse. Goodness, I guess Lavin always has a future in TV to fall back on. If he is gone we could possibly get the most underrated TV basketball pairing Lavinberger, Brent Musberger, and Steve Lavin back calling basketball games soon.

Every year that kid comes on this board and tells us this is the year, we are going to shock the world, we have the best talent, yada, yada.

And then, nothing. You would think at some point, he would learn his lesson. But I appreciate the blind faith in the face of so many years of disappointment. He is a good fan if nothing else.

Every year that kid comes on this board and tells us this is the year, we are going to shock the world, we have the best talent, yada, yada.

And then, nothing. You would think at some point, he would learn his lesson. But I appreciate the blind faith in the face of so many years of disappointment. He is a good fan if nothing else.
He must be related to RutersAl.

Thanks SJU for devaluing our win. Unlike Nova who is doing a great job of increasing the value of our win against them.

Butler and SJU are now winless in their respective conferences.

Texas finished 16-18 overall last year and posted a .389 conference record. West Virginia did even worse.

Georgetown is now struggling to keep its head above water, with a 3-2 record in the smoldering remains of the "Big East," including an 18-point loss to Providence. Yes, Providence (to be clear: I'd prefer to see Georgetown never win another game, ever).

UConn is assembling a patchwork quilt this year but lost consecutive games this season to plucky Houston and SMU, and is now 2-2 in the towering AAC[K].

UNC is 15th in the ACC, and its players might have just given up on the season.

Mighty Indiana was in the wilderness for a very long time.

And Syracuse has, in the last five years, won 28, 30, 27, 34, and 30 games overall, with very good recent results in the NCAAs.

Lots more could be said, but this is all a very handy reminder of how grateful we should be for this golden age of SU hoops.

Last edited:
Butler and SJU are now winless in their respective conferences.

Texas finished 16-18 overall last year and posted a .389 conference record. West Virginia did even worse.

Georgetown is now struggling to keep its head above water, with a 3-2 record in the smoldering remains of the "Big East," including an 18-point loss to Providence. Yes, Providence (to be clear: I'd prefer to see them never win another game, ever).

UConn is assembling a patchwork quilt this year but lost consecutive games this season to plucky Houston and SMU, and is now 2-2 in the towering AAC[K].

UNC is 15th in the ACC, and its players might have just given up on the season.

Mighty Indiana was in the wilderness for a very long time.

And Syracuse has, in the last five years, won 28, 30, 27, 34, and 30 games overall, with very good recent results in the NCAAs.

Lots more could be said, but this is all a very handy reminder of how grateful we should be for this golden age of SU hoops.
The first SU Golden Age was from 85-86 to 90-91; from Pearl Washington to Billy Owens. SU won at least 26 games all six seasons, won 4 Big East Regular Season championships, made one Final Four and one other Elite 8. That Golden Age ended with the loss to Richmond.

Over the next 17 seasons, SU won 26 or more games only 5 times and won the BE regular season title only twice.

Now, as you point out, we have 5 straight seasons with 27 or more wins, 2 regular season conference titles, a Final Four and one other Elite 8. And working on a 6th high-win, conference title season.

As you say, enjoy it, and hope that any drought is much shorter than the 17 year one we recently endured.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom