Our backcourt... | Syracusefan.com

Our backcourt...

Jake

Mod
The point guard has an assist to turnover ratio of 5:1 and the shooting guard is shooting 50% from three.

Those numbers are crazy.

Consider that both are first time starters, one a freshman and each essentially the only player on the team at their craft (playmaker and deep threat).

The potential is there for some all time records to fall if these guys stay together for two more years.

Chris McCullough should start lobbying Ennis right now.

Its scary to reflect back before the season started and how everyone (myself included) worried about the backcourt. Its gone from a glaring weakness to a strength in just 12 games. Both Ennis and Cooney have ice in their veins and play their positions as well as anyone I've seen at Cuse in the last 25 years. This season has been incredibly fun to watch and its about to get a whole bunch better. LGO!

Its scary to reflect back before the season started and how everyone (myself included) worried about the backcourt. Its gone from a glaring weakness to a strength in just 12 games. Both Ennis and Cooney have ice in their veins and play their positions as well as anyone I've seen at Cuse in the last 25 years. This season has been incredibly fun to watch and its about to get a whole bunch better. LGO!

I wouldn't say it was a glaring weakness as much as it was the great unknown.

I believed Tyler would be good but expected it to take time. He is great in no time it turns out.

I believed Trevor would become an excellent shooter for SU but wasn't sure it would be this year and infact I doubted that it would be this year thinking MikeG might start. Turns out it was this year and he's even a better shooter than I had hoped he would become by the time he was a senior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom