Our best FT shooter is obviously Rak | Syracusefan.com

Our best FT shooter is obviously Rak

i dont even think its close. he is the only guy on the roster with cajones.

cue the "I would choose Cooney" replies.

I wouldn't say he is our best, but his ft shooting has drastically improved. I feel confident with him at the line now, when in the past I closed my eyes when he was there.

Rak gets fouled more and takes more FTs during the game thus I like him more than Cooney at the end of games. GMac was a legit 90% FT Cooney it appears is a 80% guy which isn't bad but I would prefer Rak.

Rakeem Christmas has been the guy who sinks them when you need them since the first Duke game last year. Cooney is a good ft shooter whose stats are helped a little bit by the fact that he does not play physical enough to get to the line half as many times as he should.

Cooney and Rak are both great FT shooters.

Come crunch time I want it in Rak's hands. It's his team this year.

Trueblue25 said:
Rakeem Christmas has been the guy who sinks them when you need them since the first Duke game last year. Cooney is a good ft shooter whose stats are helped a little bit by the fact that he does not play physical enough to get to the line half as many times as he should. Cooney and Rak are both great FT shooters. Come crunch time I want it in Rak's hands. It's his team this year.

Going into the game he was 85 for 99. That's not a small sample size.

Going into the game he was 85 for 99. That's not a small sample size.

I just trust Rak more, no diss on Cooney.

you don't think it is even close? Wow. It's Cooney and it isn't close. The numbers are the numbers.
Cooney doesn't take enough FTs and he isn't automatic. Rak was 5 for 6 and shoots FTs well. This isn't a dig at Cooney its a compliment of Rak. Cooney is the 2nd best option.

Cooney doesn't take enough FTs and he isn't automatic. Rak was 5 for 6 and shoots FTs well. This isn't a dig at Cooney its a compliment of Rak. Cooney is the 2nd best option.
silly. fans remember what they see last. We have had years to watch these two guys. It's Cooney and it's not close. Who will jb send to the line to shoot a tech?

Rak gets fouled more and takes more FTs during the game thus I like him more than Cooney at the end of games. GMac was a legit 90% FT Cooney it appears is a 80% guy which isn't bad but I would prefer Rak.
There is something to that. Would you want to see Rak's 7th and 8th free throw attempts, or Cooney's 3rd and 4th?

Trevor needs to take them, and Boeheim even mouthed that on the broadcast. I don't care if he was 6-21 and 2-5 today. He hit the clutch ones against Carleton in the exhibition game, he hit them against Louisiana tech, and was hitting them in nova until we didn't get the ball in bounds. That's who our designated free throw shooting option is.

This isn't me knocking cooney.

At the end of the day Christmas is the senior and clear leader of this team. I don't think it's even a question who the team's leader is. Because he's also a clutch free throw shooter, which he's proven, I think he'd be the guy who I'd want the ball in the hands of.

I dont think there's a drop off with Cooney, just seen enough from Rak to make me feel that way.

I have confidence in Rak. But there isn't a coach in the NCAA, including the one on our sideline that would take Rak instead of Cooney.

Well, let me be the devil's advocate in this discussion. The opposing teams and coaches aren't stupid like we wish or think they are. You inbound the ball to RAK in late game situations near our end line the other team will not foul him right away, they will double or triple and we know Rak is prone to turnovers in tight situations. In those spots I would prefer to seek out Cooney if at all possible. Further up the court I would have no problem having the ball in Rak's hands. Just my two cents worth.

silly. fans remember what they see last. We have had years to watch these two guys. It's Cooney and it's not close. Who will jb send to the line to shoot a tech?
Rak shoots more FTs than Cooney. If Cooney got to the line his stroke would be better but Rak shoots more FTs and I love his stroke for a bit guy.

Rak shoots more FTs than Cooney. If Cooney got to the line his stroke would be better but Rak shoots more FTs and I love his stroke for a bit guy.
I don't disagree with one word you just said. The issue however, is who you want with your life on the line (or the game, same thing) at the line. The answer is Cooney. He is just a much better foul shooter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom