our boy getting some respect | Syracusefan.com

our boy getting some respect

Incredible.

How much money to Amba Etta-Tawo make himself by deciding to come to SU? He might not have even been drafted, now he is considered one of the top players in the country, and sure first or second round pick who looks like a man amongst boys playing on Saturdays. Unbelievable swing for a guy who was a bit player at Maryland.

Incredible.

How much money to Amba Etta-Tawo make himself by deciding to come to SU? He might not have even been drafted, now he is considered one of the top players in the country, and sure first or second round pick who looks like a man amongst boys playing on Saturdays. Unbelievable swing for a guy who was a bit player at Maryland.
I wouldn't say he's a sure first or second round pick. I'd say he's probably 3rd-5th right now.

By my count he is the second best WR in the nation according to ESPN.

Incredible.

lotta truths there.

incredible for sure.

he definitely made himself some $$.

doubt he would've been drafted.

is now considered a top player in the country.

however, here is where I think the truth falters a little bit. not sure about him being a 1 or 2. the combine and Syracuse Day will go a long way towards that. talent, is talent. you either have it, or you don't. where was it the last 3 years?? im serious, where was it?? I have no idea, if he was hurt or whatnot please advise. I don't think he jumps all the way to the 1st, nor do I see 2nd, but who knows. 3rd or the 4th for sure.

looks like a man among boys on Saturdays for sure.

quite unbelievable is right.

Incredible.

Yeah it is pretty impressive especially because he's the #2 Wide Receiver on the whole list.

I wouldn't say he's a sure first or second round pick. I'd say he's probably 3rd-5th right now.
Well, since you aren't an NFL front office representative, I'm going to stick with what I say above.
anigif_enhanced-buzz-10854-1361458583-0.gif

Well, since you aren't an NFL front office representative, I'm going to stick with what I say above.
If you follow the draft boards/"experts" and how they actually grade prospects he's a 5-7 right now, I was actually generous with 3-5.

I think he's an excellent player, we're lucky to have him. He's made most of his plays through strength, great routes, and separation as opposed to blown coverages. The issue is he's only had 8 games of "consistency" so far, and when Wake & Va Tech played a safety over him, he struggled a bit. He might end up being a 1st or 2nd when all is said and done, and I sincerely hope he is.

Right now I think AET is looking at no worse than 3rd to 5th rd, with a real likelihood of working himself into the 2nd round. A drawback may be, as someone previously stated, where has this production, or any significant production been the last few years? And I don't want to come off as a d*uche, but I don't think it's fair to tell someone (in so many words) that their opinion isn't valid because they're not an NFL scout, unless of course, you are, or have some connections to one. I did a quick look-up on AET's draft prospects and according to nfldraftscout - he's currently seen as the 12th best WR out of 372, for whatever that's worth.

Amba Etta-Tawo | Syracuse, WR : 2017 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

If you follow the draft boards/"experts" and how they actually grade prospects he's a 5-7 right now, I was actually generous with 3-5.

I think he's an excellent player, we're lucky to have him. He's made most of his plays through strength, great routes, and separation as opposed to blown coverages. The issue is he's only had 8 games of "consistency" so far, and when Wake & Va Tech played a safety over him, he struggled a bit. He might end up being a 1st or 2nd when all is said and done, and I sincerely hope he is.

In fairness though, Wake was played in a monsoon - our coach was having self challenges and our offense was inept.

lotta truths there.

incredible for sure.

he definitely made himself some $$.

doubt he would've been drafted.

is now considered a top player in the country.

however, here is where I think the truth falters a little bit. not sure about him being a 1 or 2. the combine and Syracuse Day will go a long way towards that. talent, is talent. you either have it, or you don't. where was it the last 3 years?? im serious, where was it?? I have no idea, if he was hurt or whatnot please advise. I don't think he jumps all the way to the 1st, nor do I see 2nd, but who knows. 3rd or the 4th for sure.

looks like a man among boys on Saturdays for sure.

quite unbelievable is right.

Sorry guys. You must not have gotten the memo. You're not allowed to use objectivity regarding some of the players on this year's team.

Nice Dungy should be on that list too.
I would think he's just outside it. His numbers seem to be in line with the last QB's mentioned. I wonder if they have a little bit more on the ground that puts them above him.

Sorry guys. You must not have gotten the memo. You're not allowed to use objectivity regarding some of the players on this year's team.
that's usually a hoop board thing.

maybe the tide really is turning here!!

Not really concerned about draft evaluations in October, before they have a full suite of game film to evaluate and start really setting up their draft boards.

All you have to do is look at mock drafts at this point in the season compared to draft timeframe in April to see how out of whack the early assessments are. Things are far from set in stone at this juncture of the football season.

Nevertheless, I agree with you--hopefully he's a high draft pick. Can only help our exposure / give the coaching staff something to sell on the recruiting trail.

last year 7 WRs were taken in the 1st or 2nd round. 33 overall, right now according to ESPN he is listed the 2nd best according to your "eperts" he is getting drafted between 5-7, I would imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle of this. Regardless, having a WR drafted out of here with just 1 year in the system is a great accomplishment.

Last edited:
last year 7 WRs were taken in the 1st or 2nd round. so using your own logic, the "experts" and history, he would go 1st or 2nd round...

He was talking 5th to 7th round - not 5th to 7th best overall WR.

His draft position will come down to combine 40.
If he runs under 4.4 then 2nd-3rd round.
Under 4.5 then 4th-5th round.
He isn't going first round though.

If you want to go to a place where all bias is removed, and objectivity is king - I wouldn't start at a place called syracusefan.com.

A bit like walking into the butcher and being shocked to find a lack of vegetarians in there.

"I went to syracusefan.com and was shocked at how many people seemed biased in favor the Orange."

Very odd post.

No need to bring arguments from other threads into this discussion.

If you want to go to a place where all bias is removed, and objectivity is king - I wouldn't start at a place called syracusefan.com.

A bit like walking into the butcher and being shocked to find a lack of vegetarians in there.

"I went to syracusefan.com and was shocked at how many people seemed biased in favor the Orange."
It's fine if you want to stick your head in the orange sand. Just don't jump on the people that attempt to be objective. I can cheer for AET, Ismael, Dungey, Philips, Estime, Franklin, Clark, Slayton etc. etc. and simultaneously acknowledge there are better players. Some of my favorite guys never played a down in the NFL.

I don't have some inferiority complex that compels me to defend every little criticism of my guys... because sometimes those criticisms are accurate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom