Our centers | Syracusefan.com

Our centers

bballbeadle

Woman of a certain age
Okay, I HATE starting a thread on the basketball side unless it’s a song, but here goes.

I thought Chukwu played very well tonight. In the second half he got kinda crazy, tried to steal a ball and ended up in the stands. Honestly, it looked like he was hurtling over those poor people in slow motion and one had the sickening feeling that no good was going to come of it. Such a relief when he finally emerged and seemed to be okay, although he kept looking at his hands (scraped?). I hope he NEVER does that again! I was mad at first but they must have replayed it twice and each time the crowd roared with laughter. I had to laugh as well.

I thought he made about 10 blocks but apparently only 3. He was rebounding the ball like it was his job, which I think it is, and one time I could have sworn he reached inside the rim and pulled the ball out, which I assumed was illegal but it wasn’t called by the ref. So obviously I didn’t see what I thought I saw, which happens to me often. I really enjoyed watching him.

Sidibe I had some concerns about. In the first half he fell and I think someone fell on top of him. He laid there for a few seconds and when he got up he was clutching at one of his knees, which was wrapped. He was clearly limping. In the second half he seemed better, but I had a sinking feeling about him. I hope I am wrong. He did block a couple shots. He missed some bunnies. He has waited so long and worked so hard to be better this season. If there were a basketball god, I would pray to it to help our man Sidibe’s tendons be healed and stay healed. Doesn’t seem too much to ask for in the basketball universe.

I have many questions about what I saw tonight and eagerly await Steve and Tomcat’s analyses. I must say that Buddy seemed like the kind of player any coach would be happy to play, and Hughes was worth the wait. Don’t quite understand Battle’s poor game. Guess it was a combination of his playing PG and perhaps being overly keyed up about being “the man” this year. I was really happy when our players began looking for the 3 point shot in the second half, because they didn’t seem to in the first half and it made the offense look very jerky. I missed the first 10 minutes but was told that Battle took a number of shots he didn’t make, and then he stopped trying.

It was SO GREAT to be there!

The centers will be better offensively when we have the PGs back, especially Frank. Battle didn’t realky know how and when to get them the ball. He was a fish out of water at PG and it hurt him offensively. Defensively Chewy only had 3 blocks but he altered another half dozen. Sid just looked a little rusty and maybe tentative. He’ll get there.

Buddy and Hughes bring a whole different perspective to our offense.

This type of game, against an undersized team, is never a good barometer for our bigs.

I remember a preseason game Arinze's senior year where we played against a team with a 6-5 guy who could put the ball on the floor and drive a little bit, and people were wringing their hands about what it meant.

Plus, Sidibe has a bit of ring rust to knock off after not being able to play most of the summer.

The centers will be better offensively when we have the PGs back, especially Frank. Battle didn’t realky know how and when to get them the ball. He was a fish out of water at PG and it hurt him offensively. Defensively Chewy only had 3 blocks but he altered another half dozen. Sid just looked a little rusty and maybe tentative. He’ll get there.

Buddy and Hughes bring a whole different perspective to our offense.

Chukwu almost killed you last night!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom