Our Defense… | Syracusefan.com

Our Defense…

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Not to look ahead to 2023 but this is crazy.

We lose:
Jones
Williams
Coley

And thats it? Right?

Big hole at MLB and Jones can’t “just” be replaced. But,

This has got to be setting up to be the most dominant defense we’ve had in how long? Assuming Thompson’s back and ready to lead with Marlowe.

We lose two NFL guys in Mikel and Garrett but still have several returning.

Am I on too much koolaid or will we be a top 5 defense next year?

Carter is a stud imo when healthy. Duce will mature. There’s a lot of talent coming from the 2022 class.

Darton, Lockett, Caleb and Linton are so far surpassing reasonable expectations. The rest of the schedule will tell us more but it’s a time to be excited.

Caleb is on year 5 of eligibility, so he theoretically could leave. But yeah, it’s certainly something to be optimistic about.

On the other hand, we could be replacing 4/5 of the OLine, so.

Caleb is on year 5 of eligibility, so he theoretically could leave. But yeah, it’s certainly something to be optimistic about.

We’ve got depth at OL at least, and I count three between Davis, Tisdale and Bergeron. I may be missing someone though. I think Bleich could have another?

If Caleb stays, which I hope he does because he’s got some draft resumé building to do, thats just another year some of our up and coming younger edge guys get. A lot of buzz about jaquez, jobity and nolton.

I think we'll return more than one of the current starting OL.

We’ve got depth at OL at least, and I count three between Davis, Tisdale and Bergeron. I may be missing someone though. I think Bleich could have another?

If Caleb stays, which I hope he does because he’s got some draft resumé building to do, thats just another year some of our up and coming younger edge guys get. A lot of buzz about jaquez, jobity and nolton.
Bleich and Vet are both on Year 5 of eligibility. More cases of “yeah, they’ll be back - probably”

Bleich and Vet are both on Year 5 of eligibility. More cases of “yeah, they’ll be back - probably”
Eh could see both walking away respectably.

Caleb I think has a shot at the draft after this year if he comes back though.

Im bullish on Clark moving forward. That kid hits like a hammer. Him, Marlowe and Steve are helmet poppers

Williams struggles shows that while he may go and get drafted he has alot of work to do to stick in the NFL. Jones is nice WR but at best he is a NFL #3.

Williams struggles shows that while he may go and get drafted he has alot of work to do to stick in the NFL. Jones is nice WR but at best he is a NFL #3.
Idk, reminds me of when we played Decker back then vs Minne.

Couldn’t stop him and it was a pain in the ace trying to contain him.

It was interesting hearing Dino's comments in the post game presser -- he was in sales mode for top CB recruits. "If you want to play corner on an island, you come to Syracuse University." Basically, if you want to audition for the NFL, you should be playing here. He's leaning into the recent success and I love it.

I think that'll be the toughest guy Garrett will face all year and NFL teams will study the footage. I'm sure he's not thrilled with it but there's a reason he was on the matchup over Duce, who I freaking love. That kid is fun to watch.

Johnson got in a bit yesterday -- spelled for Duce. He has some serious size. Shame he doesnt have another year right?

Johnson got in a bit yesterday -- spelled for Duce. He has some serious size. Shame he doesnt have another year right?

He earned first-team All-Ivy League honors in a bounce-back year after the 2020 Ivy League season was canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic and Johnson’s 2019 season was limited to two games as a result of injury.

Johnson, a graduate transfer, has two seasons of eligibility remaining.

Hopefully Wax returns. He’ll be playing on Sundays. Gotta think he’ll take over for Mikel at middle LB next year.

Hopefully Wax returns. He’ll be playing on Sundays. Gotta think he’ll take over for Mikel at middle LB next year.
Wax may actually end up being the most talented of the three if he can put it all together. But all three are sunday guys. Thompson’s the highest rated, Mikel’s the smartest and best leader, Wax has the raw talent and nose for the ball.

We should enjoy each of these players while we have them here.

What an unfortunate decision Cantin Arku made. Very unfortunate. Hope he can find a path to the draft too.

Idk, reminds me of when we played Decker back then vs Minne.

Couldn’t stop him and it was a pain in the ace trying to contain him.
I mean you put Williams in duces position and he shines, sometime players are just better. White didn’t put him in a position to succeed either, lord knows why he was left in single coverage so often

Disagree. Jones is as good as I’ve seen. Speed, route running, and great hands. I’ve seen no one better this year.

He earned first-team All-Ivy League honors in a bounce-back year after the 2020 Ivy League season was canceled because of the coronavirus pandemic and Johnson’s 2019 season was limited to two games as a result of injury.

Johnson, a graduate transfer, has two seasons of eligibility remaining.
Excellent. He will be a good starter for us next year.

It was interesting hearing Dino's comments in the post game presser -- he was in sales mode for top CB recruits. "If you want to play corner on an island, you come to Syracuse University." Basically, if you want to audition for the NFL, you should be playing here. He's leaning into the recent success and I love it.

I think that'll be the toughest guy Garrett will face all year and NFL teams will study the footage. I'm sure he's not thrilled with it but there's a reason he was on the matchup over Duce, who I freaking love. That kid is fun to watch.

I thought Garrett did well. You can't win every match up, unless you're Deion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom