Our defense | Syracusefan.com

Our defense

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate; 2023 Cali Award Rushing Yds
Time to discuss.

Scoop: yikes.

Cordy? Prove it.

Cisco? Nice interception, theres 4 quarters though.

Linebackers? Whitner had a nice stop or two.

D line? Do we have one?

I think our defense has great potential. No one’s stepped up tonight outside of Foster and maybe Whit. They havent been challenging Chris Fred.

Hopefully a very off night for them. Glad to see Slayton create pressure on that INT

was there a change in scheme in the 3rd?

Time to discuss.

Cordy? Prove it.

D line? Do we have one?

I think our defense has great potential. No one’s stepped up tonight outside of Foster and maybe Whit. They havent been challenging Chris Fred.

Cisco is a true frosh. He is rangy and long. He will be fine.

This is a good offense from Western Michigan. D has held in there. Wish we had more from the front 4, but we are super young everywhere else.

Looks like Trill might beat out Scoop by Florida State.

Yeah. Not a good night for the D.

I’m not going to say this is what it will be. But long way to go.

TO’s were nice.

Terrible. It’s not just the players, it’s the scheme.

CBs need to learn some press coverage and force the QBs to pinpoint the pass. Way too much cushion. Even with the cushion, they still ran by this secondary. Pathetic. This isn’t Clemson either, it’s a MAC school.

Our secondary looks so inactive when they play zone. They literally just stand where they lineup and it’s easy for the opposing quarterback to pick it apart.

This D is not good

The mostly-young secondary looks the part, but I thought they would be faster.
Way too many missed tackles, and not fast enough pursuit.

there runners each had 1 run.. other than that 5 for10 and 10 for 55. nothing wrong with that the other 11 carries went for 50 yds.. i dont think the dline had much to do with the passing issues. they just doubled slayton kept in the backs and got away with holding 6-7 times but the DE get much pass rush but who thought they would? we didnt blitz at all,

the game was really just not covering the deep ball and thats speed and safety issues.

Time to discuss.

Cordy? Prove it.

D line? Do we have one?

Foster had some nice hits but he takes the absoulte worst tackling angles in college football. He is horrible in run support. Alton "the invisible man" Robinson and Chris "one good play" Slayton were non existent tonight. The defense was horrible. Cordy wasn't very good either

i think if the corners had made the QB go to his 2nd read a few times we would have had 5-6 sacks by the dline, but as it was he just back in rythym and threw it too many times, seldom had to look over the field.

D was very good the first half. Anyone could see that. Then Lester made some adjustments and went deep - our Achille's Heal.

After the first game...we've seen one receiver who can actually catch a pass. The run game minus Dungey looks as bad as ever. The defensive line showed no sign that it can pressure a qb. The defensive secondary looks week. Tommy D...who knows? The jury is out on the offensive line and LB's.

All in all the defense looks like a defense that will not enable this team to win more than 5 games at best. A continuation of the last 3 games last year when we gave up ...64-56-42 points.

If the defense doesn't right itself Dungey by himself will not will us to win 6 games, as good as he is.

As promising as that first half was I came away from it thinking WMU had better receivers and running backs (as a group). Not encouraging.

Eric Dungey is our best defensive player.

The D sucked when he was out of the game. :rolleyes:

While you might be joking, you have a point. This team is more focused when he's in the game. After Devito was taken out, Dungey stopped the bleeding on both sides of the ball. Ward's adjustments are non existent, but Dungey is the soul of this team.

The DL played the run and did not get nearly enough pressure on the QB. 1 sack and a tackle trip by a diving Coleman and that was pretty much it. I expected way more QB pressures than that. WMU DL was pressuring the SU all night. Cut back runners are going to kill this team along with speed at WR.

After the first game...we've seen one receiver who can actually catch a pass. The run game minus Dungey looks as bad as ever. The defensive line showed no sign that it can pressure a qb. The defensive secondary looks week. Tommy D...who knows? The jury is out on the offensive line and LB's.

All in all the defense looks like a defense that will not enable this team to win more than 5 games at best. A continuation of the last 3 games last year ersrswhen we gave up ...64-56-42 points.

If the defense doesn't right itself Dungey by himself will not will us to win 6 games, as good as he is.

As promising as that first half was I came away from it thinking WMU had better receivers and running backs (as a group). Not encouraging.
I agree with better backs and receivers.