Our dome was fun yesterday... | Syracusefan.com

Our dome was fun yesterday...

Ish88888

All American
With all the talk of dome renovation, I personally am in favor of giving our current dome facility a makeover. It was loud and fun yesterday with some definite juice. We still have one of the most unique on campus stadiums in college football. Some take aways from the game:

1. The ACC refs obviously have an agenda to make sure we get a team into the top 4. At least 2 horrible calls in Clemson's favor yesterday, and seems as though all those missed calls on the Miami lateral play against duke is part of aligning UNC with Clemson in the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP.
2. Lester did a great job planning a package for the officer and we really had some chuck plays against an excellent defense. That said, a few too many dives on first down, and we still refuse to use the middle of the field even when clemsons safeties committed to the box presnap.
3. After morris'big run and then a third and 1 inside the 10, and being stopped, i thought that was our shot at the upset. We were down 10, we never truly pressured them all day by getting inside 7 points. Go for it on 4th and 1 and try to make it a 3 point game, if we fail we leave them pinned deep with plenty of time to go.
4. Kudos to the kids and coaches who played with arguably the best team in the country, went toe to toe. We have great kids that play hard, are young , and they are gonna put it all together in a few years if we stay the course with this staff.
5. As in the NFL defensive coaches promoted to head coach gigs are all poor game managers. In game management is more natural from an offensive mind. Shaf has driven me nuts all year but he is learning on the job while running a p5 program. I see coyle retaining him and our recruiting uptick but demanding some staff changes.
6. Cheers to Clemson nation. I was a nutbag in row 3 of section 115 yesterday especially during the blown calls but the team and fans and dabo are hard not to route for the rest of the way.

Go Cuse!

As in the NFL defensive coaches promoted to head coach gigs are all poor game managers. In game management is more natural from an offensive mind. Shaf has driven me nuts all year but he is learning on the job while running a p5 program. I see coyle retaining him and our recruiting uptick but demanding some staff changes.
Agree with this that offensive coordinators have a better understanding of probabilities together with less of a mindset of being conservative because "my defense can stop them".

The dome looked great, 44 plaza got some great exposure, the guys doing the game were very complimentary of Syracuse and the crowd looked solid. If we can get back to even 7-5 most years with that every 4 year run we will see solid crowds and support. There is nothing that the admins can do other than put a good product on the field. Once we have that all of the other issues such as parking go away

Ish88888 said:
With all the talk of dome renovation, I personally am in favor of giving our current dome facility a makeover. It was loud and fun yesterday with some definite juice. We still have one of the most unique on campus stadiums in college football. Some take aways from the game: 1. The ACC refs obviously have an agenda to make sure we get a team into the top 4. At least 2 horrible calls in Clemson's favor yesterday, and seems as though all those missed calls on the Miami lateral play against duke is part of aligning UNC with Clemson in the ACC CHAMPIONSHIP. 2. Lester did a great job planning a package for the officer and we really had some chuck plays against an excellent defense. That said, a few too many dives on first down, and we still refuse to use the middle of the field even when clemsons safeties committed to the box presnap. 3. After morris'big run and then a third and 1 inside the 10, and being stopped, i thought that was our shot at the upset. We were down 10, we never truly pressured them all day by getting inside 7 points. Go for it on 4th and 1 and try to make it a 3 point game, if we fail we leave them pinned deep with plenty of time to go. 4. Kudos to the kids and coaches who played with arguably the best team in the country, went toe to toe. We have great kids that play hard, are young , and they are gonna put it all together in a few years if we stay the course with this staff. 5. As in the NFL defensive coaches promoted to head coach gigs are all poor game managers. In game management is more natural from an offensive mind. Shaf has driven me nuts all year but he is learning on the job while running a p5 program. I see coyle retaining him and our recruiting uptick but demanding some staff changes. 6. Cheers to Clemson nation. I was a nutbag in row 3 of section 115 yesterday especially during the blown calls but the team and fans and dabo are hard not to route for the rest of the way. Go Cuse!

If it's the play I'm thinking of, that 3rd and 1 we didn't get became 4th and 4 because we lost 3 yards on the 3rd down play. Probably the one play call I didn't like yesterday.

True kcsu, i make a point of interacting and getting visiting teams take of their cuse/dome. Nothing but positive and nice things to say regarding their experience.

If it's the play I'm thinking of, that 3rd and 1 we didn't get became 4th and 4 because we lost 3 yards on the 3rd down play. Probably the one play call I didn't like yesterday.
Very true rrlbees, another dive up the middle when our option pressured the edge all day. Would have been interesting to get within 3 and make Clemson feel some heat.

Very true rrlbees, another dive up the middle when our option pressured the edge all day. Would have been interesting to get within 3 and make Clemson feel some heat.
the call wasnt a dive. it was a read play and he made the wrong read.. same play we scored on 2 other times.

That was a read option and Mahoney handed it off. He should have the kept the ball and he knew it. One of his few mistakes all day.

Agree with this that offensive coordinators have a better understanding of probabilities together with less of a mindset of being conservative because "my defense can stop them".

With all the talk of dome renovation, I personally am in favor of giving our current dome facility a makeover. It was loud and fun yesterday with some definite juice. We still have one of the most unique on campus stadiums in college football. Some take aways from the game:

5. As in the NFL defensive coaches promoted to head coach gigs are all poor game managers. In game management is more natural from an offensive mind. Shaf has driven me nuts all year but he is learning on the job while running a p5 program. I see coyle retaining him and our recruiting uptick but demanding some staff changes.

Go Cuse!

Bill Belichick begs to differ. I think Pete Carroll might like a word with you too.

rrlbees said:

PBP guy said it was a misread by Mshoney, and he was kicking himself after the play for not keeping it. He had a lane.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom