Our friend Dougie had some interesting stuff to say | Syracusefan.com

Our friend Dougie had some interesting stuff to say

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
on Friday when he hosted in place of cowturd. Basically said that when he worked for ESPN and CBS that if anyone said anything negative about UNC, some higher up at UNC would be on the phone to the ESPN / CBS sports brass and tell them to shut whoever was talking up. And in fact, ESPN /CBS brass would tell the employee to cut it out.

on Friday when he hosted in place of cowturd. Basically said that when he worked for ESPN and CBS that if anyone said anything negative about UNC, some higher up at UNC would be on the phone to the ESPN / CBS sports brass and tell them to shut whoever was talking up. And in fact, ESPN /CBS brass would tell the employee to cut it out.

Doesn't surprise me

Why? What 'power' does UNC have over the media? How does that work?

While I don’t doubt there’s some favoritism with the media I think he’s spent way to much time around Clayton Travis at fox.

Others more knowledgeable that I am may want to weigh in, but I get the sense that the NCAA is deathly afraid of state legislatures. They really don't want to go near any state schools. The NC legislature may want to engage their state attorney general to go have a good, long look at the NCAA, and what authority it has over North Carolina institutions both public and private. My guess is that if we were Syracuse State the NCAA would never have dared to sanction us in the way they did with Preet Bharara sitting in NYC thinking about what might forward his career.

The NCAA is on borrowed time. They are being pinched on all sides. My guess is that Mark Emmert has one helluvan exit clause.

Of course, espn running article today on front page of espn about legacy of unc mascot.

Also, how about the ncaa postponing the unc rulings to not coincide with the federal probe. Optically, releasing that report on that day would just look even worse than it already has.

System is corrupt, broken, whatever you want to call it. Its certainly not honest. If you think shoe companies have power (see FBI probe) imagine what power media companies have who pay BILLIONS for tv rights.

Why? What 'power' does UNC have over the media? How does that work?

Look up the contracts for ncaa tourney and conference media rights. You think the ncaa, which takes in billions off march madness, wants to death penalty one of its top assets? You think the media companies that pay billions to make money off march madness wants the ncaas to torpedo one of its top assets. Dont be naive.

Look up the contracts for ncaa tourney and conference media rights. You think the ncaa, which takes in billions off march madness, wants to death penalty one of its top assets? You think the media companies that pay billions to make money off march madness wants the ncaas to torpedo one of its top assets. Dont be naive.
Haven’t they torpedoed Ville?

Pardon the out of me for asking. It was an honest question. Not a denial of the implication.
He original post was about 'negative statements' when Dougie was with those networks. I thought that was pre-sham classes, so not about the "death penalty." By honestly, I have no idea when he worked for them, as I don't follow his career...

While it may be true, take note that FS1 is on a full on smear campaign against other networks. So the point of his comment wasn't about unc, it was HERE AT FOX, we don't do that!!

The higher ups at Unc, what classes did they take?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom