Our guards and bigs are really offensively challenged | Syracusefan.com

Our guards and bigs are really offensively challenged

Vitamin G

Walk On
BT and MCW are shooting under 40% from the floor and under 30% from 3 and TC is nonexistent. I dont expect 55% shooting but at their current rate they are not very good. They play good D and are good passers but they do not give any consistent offense.

Our bigs actually shoot a decent percentage but take so few shots that it hardly matters. Plus none of 3 have any go to post moves that have any success. (how do you get this far with out one?) They shoot so bad from the line that it negates any benefit to give them more touches. Keep in mind I'm talking about 2 Mickey Ds and an Oak Hill grad. What went wrong? I still have hope for DC, a small amount for Xmas, but none for BMK.

CJ and JS are our offense. The rest don't give enough to be counted on. If someone else doesn't step up soon this team will struggle against the better competition coming up and I don't see us getting past the sweet 16.

Our guards really have trouble when they other team presses up against them and challenges them. I expect to see more of the same from Marquette tomorrow. If you give MCW and BT space...they can beat you, but if you crowd them...they kind of back off and get passive.

At least in March we're not likely to see teams as good defensively as Pitt/Marquette/GTown. MyMelo is right, if you give them space they can make things happen, but if you're at their chest under their chin they won't do much.

Funny thing you mention McD's AA's. Is it me, or have the guys we've had who were McD's really underwhelmed as a whole? I know many make fun of kids at Duke who never become studs after playing in that game, but we haven't exactly had overwhelming success.

Since Melo, we've had Devo, Greene, Flynn, Melo, Xmas, Coleman and MCW, I think. Outside of Devo and Flynn, I don't think any have come close to exceeding expectations or been close to stars. Our best players have been the 'lesser' recruits.

Funny thing you mention McD's AA's. Is it me, or have the guys we've had who were McD's really underwhelmed as a whole? I know many make fun of kids at Duke who never become studs after playing in that game, but we haven't exactly had overwhelming success.

Since Melo, we've had Devo, Greene, Flynn, Melo, Xmas, Coleman and MCW, I think. Outside of Devo and Flynn, I don't think any have come close to exceeding expectations or been close to stars. Our best players have been the 'lesser' recruits.

Devo was a great scorer, Greene was a leading scorer on a team that absolutely needed him to be as a freshman because of injury, Jonny was electric, Melo was one of the three best defensive bigs in the country last year, and MCW, for all of his faults, is still one of the best PGs in the country when he wants to be. Rak is what he is. Give DaJuan more than a few months to rule him a bust.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom