Our Guards are Slow | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our Guards are Slow

Actually, Cooney blew by a guy with a crossover in the first half on Saturday, but then didn't know what to do and passed it behind him to the 3 point line which led to (naturally) a bad shot.
Likely because that is what he was told to do. Penetrate to take the defender with you and kick it out. If it's the play I think, he should have taken the jumper.

JB looks at the stars first just like every other program. the whole zone recruit thing i think is total BS. just take look at the some of the recruits we missed on . they all do perfectly well playing man defense. just BS.

I tend to agree. Now, don't get me wrong--I think he goes after an archetype of players who have athleticism / mobility as a general rule, but then he also goes out and gets guys like DC2, Arinze, Rick, etc. Not everybody we recruit is a perfect "system fit" as some suggest.

Players come in all different shapes and sizes, and there is no one way that is "correct" for how they have to play. We've had all sorts of different players at every position over the last 10 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom