Our home games on TV | Syracusefan.com

Our home games on TV

bothsocksup

Starter
they are getting a little embarrasing, and its a shame because there were two damn good football teams playing on Saturday. I said before that the only thing that would put fans back in teh seats would be a BCS bowl birth, but the beauty of joining the ACC is it will no doubt put more fans in the seats. Without winning a BCS bid, this is the only feasible way of getting more fans to the Dome.

I'd expect a 6-1 or 7-2 record going into a game against a higher profile opponent (e.g. WVU or USF) in early November to put more butts in seats.

The shame of it is that the local fans have missed three very entertaining games.

I still think the lack of a local TV black-out explains much of the attendance issue.

The thing that sticks out to me is that many of the empty seats are in the middle of the field - the high priced season tickets that are clearly sold.

Well, you have to realize that the existing league opponents are mostly "who cares" games to the casual fan. There are only a couple teams on the schedule to get excited about. Plus, the team has struggled, and has been terrible at home. It's going to take some sustained success to get back the casual fan. It kind of hurts that the upcoming big home games against name opponents have been moved to NYC / Meadowlands. I know that it helped us get the ACC bid, but now that we're there, let's not do this anymore. If you want decent attendance at SU games, you've got to bring in good opponents.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom