Our last week in the Big East | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Our last week in the Big East

Agree with most of the above but I'll add a few:
Kirby Dar Dar - Florida Game (first SU sporting event that I was old enough to remember)
Nova vs SU - the first record breaking crowd
McNabb Gtown game (is this the same game the rainbow warrior crowd surfed to the second level?)
Kevin Johnson Opening KO Return vs. Wisconsin

Actually, the 'BE' still exists with Georgetown, Providence, St. John's, etc. But it is certainly true that SU won all the the Men's Lacrosse BETs that they were involved in.:)

The Big East lax conference is a shadow of itself without SU, and, to a lesser extent, ND.

(In addition, SU won the 2 BE lax titles when the champion was decided by regular-season standings.)

3 hours left!

acc-logo.jpg

just going by the OP... didn't really look into it.

Too many to only name 5 but I will comply with your evil wishes. I am limiting myself to games against BE opponents to make the games all true Big East moments.

In chronological order (I think)...

1) Leo Rautins taps in a shot near the buzzer to clinch SU's first BET in the Carrier Dome. SU beats Nova in triple OT.

2) Pearl hits a shot from half court near the buzzer to shock Boston College in the Dome, running into the locker room without stopping immediately after releasing the shot.

3) SU caps a huge comeback with a TE throwback play to Brominski to beat V Tech in football in the Dome.

4) SU destroys BC in Chestnut Hill in the last BE football game the Eagles would ever play, breaking the hearts of the sombrero hatted Superfans, aka the Diamond Ferri Game.

5) SU defeats Pittsburgh in basketball in the Dome during the 2003 NC season in a game that established them as NC contenders and featured 3 court stormings.
4 of your 5 involve ACC teams. and the 5th we will be playing 1x a year, just like now.

toms post is now in my top 5 things about leaving the bigeast...nothing has really changed, but we got richer and better opponents.

F the bigeast.

more specifically, F gtown, seton hall and st johns. you stoopid Fs shouldve voted in ped st 30 years ago.

Oh Lord

4 of your 5 involve ACC teams. and the 5th we will be playing 1x a year, just like now.

toms post is now in my top 5 things about leaving the bigeast...nothing has really changed, but we got richer and better opponents.

F the bigeast.

more specifically, F gtown, seton hall and st johns. you stoopid Fs shouldve voted in ped st 30 years ago.

Oh Lord

Good points..sticking to Big East I'd say the GMAC run, the bookend VT / Miami wins in 1998, and the 2003 GTown game on, where a lot of us here got a chance to meet off the internet and not be completely terrified of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom