Our offense is going to get worse when play teams with bigs with skill | Syracusefan.com

Our offense is going to get worse when play teams with bigs with skill

Alsacs

Living Legend
Those bigs will clog the lane and will stop our penetration game.
Our reliance on making jump shots is going to become even greater once we have ACC bigs every game and not most of these teams with mid major bigs.

Our reliance on making jump shots is going to become even greater once we have ACC bigs every game and not most of these teams with mid major bigs.

Another reason to go small at the five with MD, have Hughes and OB crash the defensive glass, leading to runouts with Carey and Battle.

If we can’t utilize our true big men because they’re not strong/big enough to bang in the post, then go small and increase your opportunities for transition baskets.

We have a bunch of inefficient scorers on this team and we are lucky to have as many wins as we do. We have no scoring down low and inconsistent offense from our guards and forwards.

JB seems hesitant to concede to needing to play MD at the 5, and I don’t disagree. It certainly puts us at a clear disadvantage, especially when we play teams with a great post presence or penetrating guards.

But you know what? Own it, and game plan. Make the adjustment to tweak what you do have and turn a weakness into another opportunity.

I would be fine sacrificing some defense for offense to get this team into some kind of offensive identity out there, and it’s clear our two 7-footers arent going to be part of the solution to finding that identity.

Another reason to go small at the five with MD, have Hughes and OB crash the defensive glass, leading to runouts with Carey and Battle.

If we can’t utilize our true big men because they’re not strong/big enough to bang in the post, then go small and increase your opportunities for transition baskets.

We don’t get many run outs with anyone because we have our guards go to the boards.

We don’t get many run outs with anyone because we have our guards go to the boards.

Well that’s because FH doesn’t board for his position. Carey has shown in a limited sample size that he’s actually a very good rebounder. As is Hughes. You want Battle for the runout anyway.

Well that’s because FH doesn’t board for his position. Carey has shown in a limited sample size that he’s actually a very good rebounder. As is Hughes. You want Battle for the runout anyway.

Frank rebounded just fine last year for a PG. At the guard positions it was Ty that needed to up it some.

Frank rebounded just fine last year for a PG. At the guard positions it was Ty that needed to up it some.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t have Tyus crash the boards at the expense of him being our biggest threat to score in transition. Pick one. Which is it?

Our five best players do not and never will include the two centers on the roster. Live with it and adjust, play three guards. I can’t recall a single interior pass or alley-oop attempt today that resulted in anything other than a turnover.

You can’t have it both ways. You can’t have Tyus crash the boards at the expense of him being our biggest threat to score in transition. Pick one. Which is it?

That was my point. We send our guards to the boards a lot (doesn’t mean they get them) so it prevents a runout. Ty has gone to the boards a little more this year. Jb said today he wants frank and Tyus to rebound more. My point has always been that if you want a fast break team you needs bigs that can clean up the boards themselves, break 2 guys when the shot goes up and the big makes an outlet pass. The few times we fast break is because of steals and turnovers. When’s the last time you saw our bigs make an out let pass?

That was my point. We send our guards to the boards a lot (doesn’t mean they get them) so it prevents a runout. Ty has gone to the boards a little more this year. Jb said today he wants frank and Tyus to rebound more. My point has always been that if you want a fast break team you needs bigs that can clean up the boards themselves, break 2 guys when the shot goes up and the big makes an outlet pass. The few times we fast break is because of steals and turnovers. When’s the last time you saw our bigs make an out let pass?

Well that’s certainly a huge part of the problem. AO was great at giving the outlet pass. One of the best we’ve had. If it seems like I’m so nostalgic for AO and Rick Jackson it’s because those guys seemed to Coleman in his prime compared to who we’ve currently got.

How much penetration do they actually do now has it really done much good?

I totally agree our offense is absolutely terrible but I disagree it will get worse. I honestly can not see anyway we could get worse than it is right now. We have no offense, only continuous heaves from outside after a number of non-productive passes around the top. Not a single player even close to rebounding position. Finally, we can not ev en put bunnies or taps back in. ZERO POINT ZERO. That is our current offense as it was much of last year.

True but not a lot of guys are getting by their guys consistently. It’s a real struggle. If it’s not obvious by now then it should be. We don’t have a lot of speed out there. Stagnation. Marek/Frank/Sidibe-Chukwu were all in together at times. 2 VS 5 on offense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom