Our Season is Exhibit A | Syracusefan.com

Our Season is Exhibit A

pfister1

2023-24 Iggy Winner ACC & OOC Record
for the argument that the ACCs experiment with starting the season off with conference matchups in November is a lousy idea and having conference games before January 1st is only marginally better than a lousy idea.

You should be able to develop as a team and not have what occurred prior to Jan 1st. effectively tank the rest of the season. Pushing conference games into December and earlier makes one path to resurrecting your season more difficult.

Last edited:
I love late season OOC games partly for the same reason. The SEC/Big12 challenge is this weekend. It's cool watching some decent OOC matchups after teams have had a chance to find themselves.

It’s another in a long list of negative impacts that TV money has had on the game.

for the argument that the ACCs experiment with starting the season off with conference matchups in November is a lousy idea and having conference games before January 1st is only marginally better than a lousy idea.

You should be able to develop as a team and not have what occurred prior to Jan 1st. effectively tank the rest of the season. Pushing conference games into December and earlier makes one path to resurrecting your season more difficult.

I actually disagree. With the importance of non-conference wins and overall conference strength perception, I like that moving conference games into the earlier schedule theoretically allows for more chances for teams and conferences to prove themselves against outside competition AFTER they have had time to develop. I'd love to see us schedule a few competative non-conference games in January and February.

Don't you wish that we could be playing Iowa, Georgetown, and Penn St. now as opposed to when we did?

You're not wrong.

But tv $$$ don't care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom