Our team still looks good | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Our team still looks good

I have a lot of faith in this team. If Carey and hughes can be threats, and marek improves..

I bet Frank hits the perimeter at a 41% clip and all of a sudden our offense becomes dynamic.

Better for sure. I can’t see us having any sort of “dynamic” offense with Boeheim as the coach and Frank as the primary PG. But if Carey can come in, get downhill, and get Frank a bunch of good looks with his opportunities; we’re in MUCH better shape than what just transpired this past season. I think Frank could definitely get to upper 30s 3pt %. He’s got a nice stroke. But if Carey struggles and too much again is put on Frank’s plate then we’re back to same old woes. This of course is dependent upon improvement from all the others.

Last edited:
Better for sure. I can’t see us having any sort of “dynamic” offense with Boeheim as the coach and Frank as the primary PG. But if Carey can come in, get downhill, and get Frank a bunch of good looks with his opportunities; we’re in MUCH better shape than what just transpired this past season. I think Frank could definitely get to upper 30s 3pt %. He’s got a nice stroke. But if Carey struggles and too much again is put on Frank’s plate then we’re back to same old woes.
I dont think we got to see how good Frank can be because of how limited, and in turn predictable, our offense is. That’s entirely on personnel shortage, not Frank, imo.

We’ll have to see. Personally I think if Frank’s numbers all go down except for made 3pt FGs and 3pt % then this could be a good thing. You just can’t ask him to do too much given his all around skill set. But, if others step up, pick up the slack, and if Carey comes in balling then we will be much better offensively.

Agreed, id actually like to see him do less. Have others taking the dificult shots, allowing him to pick and choose.

Frank’s not an acrobat or step back shooter. He hits the shot when he’s open and its easier to be open when theres 3 scoring threats around you which i think there may now he.

Agreed, id actually like to see him do less. Have others taking the dificult shots, allowing him to pick and choose.

Frank’s not an acrobat or step back shooter. He hits the shot when he’s open and its easier to be open when theres 3 scoring threats around you which i think there may now he.
Footage of the coaching staff working with Frank before the season starts..

To look at it in a completely mathematical way

Carey + Hughes + Buddy + 6 months to get everyone healthy/stronger/better > Battle + Moyer?

This seems at least even. Better if everyone stays healthy and gels...

Plus Marek being significantly better
PLus Sidibe/Chukwu being better
Plus Oshae hitting 2's at a 45% clip
Plus Frank getting better

Why is no one on these threads about next year's squad including Howard Washington in the mix? Did I miss something? Did he transfer? Is no one expecting his knee to heal? Wassup?

We should be better. On D we will be as good if not better.
Chewy: Better
Bris: Better
Frank: Better
Marek: Better
Hughes
Carey
Buddy
Washington

Wildcard: Pitt transfer

Major Key: Sid. If he is good to go he is a total game changer. Possibly our best 5 in years. Big if.

We should be better. On D we will be as good if not better.
Chewy: Better
Bris: Better
Frank: Better
Marek: Better
Hughes
Carey
Buddy
Washington

Wildcard: Pitt transfer

Major Key: Sid. If he is good to go he is a total game changer. Possibly our best 5 in years. Big if.

Agree wholeheartedly on Sidibe. I worry about tendinitis b/c that has never sounded like an acute injury to me. Feels, especially for a big, like it could be chronic.

Haven't read the whole thread but I'm not sure I see why anyone would think we won't be better offensively. Not sure that puts us into a spot where we have a really good offense, but I think taking a really legit step forward should be the expectation. I think people sometimes forget that we're not comparing next year to where this year ended, but to where we started last season. At that point, most of this board thought the following:

-- Frank should either have been shown the door or, at best, was a waste of a scholarship.
-- Everyone said Marek wouldn't contribute b/c he was too light.
-- HW wouldn't contribute b/c he was at least two years away (probably true for the most part, just stating where we thought everyone fit in).
-- Chuckwu was a zero
-- Sidibe was at best a wild card
-- Thorpe would be a big key in the guard rotation.
-- Battle would be a stud
-- Moyer would need to contribute

It's worth noting b/c as frustrating as frank was he put up 14 and 5 (roughly) and Marek averaged 10+ a game for the last seven. If you factor in improvement from Brissett, along with these two and a hopefully healthy Sidibe and then figure you should get some nice contributions from Hughes (who will be a third-year player) and Carey -- I don't really see why anyone would think we wouldn't be improved.

Won't be an offensive juggernaut and we'll miss our boy Bazely, but I think it's an interesting crew that should be better than the largely putrid offense we saw for a good chunk of 17/18.

Why is no one on these threads about next year's squad including Howard Washington in the mix? Did I miss something? Did he transfer? Is no one expecting his knee to heal? Wassup?
He has a ways to go earning meaningful minutes at either the 1 or 2. He needs to first get healthy, add size, and hit his shots. He’s working way uphill with Frank/Carey/Hughes and arguably even BB in the mix at guard. If Quade Green transfers here he’ll really need to step it up.