Our team will be playing our other team on weds | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Our team will be playing our other team on weds

As a driver sure. Scoop was a threat from 3. Symir is not.
He’s not but I thought of scoop as a guard who could penetrate and facilitate before thinking of him as a perimeter threat

He’s not but I thought of scoop as a guard who could penetrate and facilitate before thinking of him as a perimeter threat
He could do that and shoot, did you know he shot better from 3 than Buddy did for their careers?

There’s literally nothing comparable to them, and if Symir finishes around the rim they’re still not comparable.

Yeah...Symir Torrence had a tenth(.1) of an assist LESS per game than Buddy (3.0 to 2.9)
and played 13 minutes a game to Buddy's 38. Yeah Buddy was called the "pez dispenser".

Sy is a PG. Not a scoring 2G. And what does Sy have to do with you saying Buddy was a horrible passer? I’d think if he was horrible he wouldn’t have been 11th of 150+ players in the ACC in assist to turnover ratio.

Scoop was better as a freshman than Symir was as a junior, this is beyond ridiculous and makes me wonder if you ever saw Scoop play.

Symir reclassified then transferred so obviously developments not following a similar timeline

You can wonder whatever you’d like

He could do that and shoot, did you know he shot better from 3 than Buddy did for their careers?

There’s literally nothing comparable to them, and if Symir finishes around the rim they’re still not comparable.
Buddy was the primary shooter in a lesser offense and took over 500 more threes than scoop.

I was comparing scoop and symir as penetrators and facilitators. Not as shooters which neither is or were a shoot first guy

Symir reclassified then transferred so obviously developments not following a similar timeline

You can wonder whatever you’d like
I fail to see how they’re similar in any way outside of being black point guards who played for Jim Boeheim.

Sy is a PG. Not a scoring 2G. And what does Sy have to do with you saying Buddy was a horrible passer? I’d think if he was horrible he wouldn’t have been 11th of 150+ players in the ACC in assist to turnover ratio.
you raised the issue of Buddy being some sort of assist leader. When it's OBVIOUS he is not.
And if you watched games over the past few years you'd see Buddy was tentative with his passing. His passes were NOT crisp.To be a guard and play 38 MPG(more than anyone else in the conference) and be 19th in assists is hardly an accomplishment.
Just citing facts...

you raised the issue of Buddy being some sort of assist leader. When it's OBVIOUS he is not.
And if you watched games over the past few years you'd see Buddy was tentative with his passing. His passes were NOT crisp.To be a guard and play 38 MPG(more than anyone else in the conference) and be 19th in assists is hardly an accomplishment.
Just citing facts...

Thanks for your opinion.

Buddy was the primary shooter in a lesser offense and took over 500 more threes than scoop.

I was comparing scoop and symir as penetrators and facilitators. Not as shooters which neither is or were a shoot first guy

Yeah, but -

Scoop actually had a higher career 3pt % than Buddy.
And GMac.
And DNic.

Some Orange fans :rolleyes: loved to revile Scoop and harp on just mistakes or forced shots -
But Scoop was one of the best all-around PG’s we have ever had.
He’s near the top of a lot of Cuse career lists:
Scoring, assists, steals, 3pt %, wins.

I’d give your left nut for another Scoop. ;)

Here’s hoping Sy is up to that level this season.

Sy is more like Dion. Strong guard quick north south can finish at the rack. Obviously DW was a special talent but from a comparison standpoint Sy is closest to his game.

Yeah, but -

Scoop actually had a higher career 3pt % than Buddy.
And GMac.
And DNic.

Some Orange fans :rolleyes:loved to revile Scoop and harp on just mistakes or forced shots -
But Scoop was one of the best all-around PG’s we have ever had.
He’s near the top of a lot of Cuse career lists:
Scoring, assists, steals, 3pt %, wins.

I’d give your left nut for another Scoop. ;)

Here’s hoping Sy is up to that level this season.

And nobody ever guarded scoop against the 3 pointer.

Anyone recall how lost/confused Guerrier, Roberson, and Rak looked as freshman? All of them ended up being very good and making significant improvements. I'd imagine Benny will do the same. Media/fans said very similar things about Guerrier his freshman year as they have Benny. I think this is good to remember when worrying about the need for Benny to be good. Have we had a legit top 40 recruit fall flat his Sophomore year?

Anyone recall how lost/confused Guerrier, Roberson, and Rak looked as freshman? All of them ended up being very good and making significant improvements. I'd imagine Benny will do the same. Media/fans said very similar things about Guerrier his freshman year as they have Benny. I think this is good to remember when worrying about the need for Benny to be good. Have we had a legit top 40 recruit fall flat his Sophomore year?
Guerrier had an injury his freshman year. Rak and Roberson were stuck behind all league players.

Rankings don’t mean sht once you’re in college. Matt Moyer was 66 and Mookie Jones was 43. Neither did anything for us.

Kaleb Joseph was top 50. In some rankings Jalen Carey was as well.

Kaleb Joseph was top 50. In some rankings Jalen Carey was as well.
Kaleb and Carey were top 50-75 and certainly busts. JB likes to try improve PGs who can't dribble. I don't think people had the same feeling they'd turn it around like QC or Rak.

Last edited:
Guerrier had an injury his freshman year. Rak and Roberson were stuck behind all league players.

Rankings don’t mean sht once you’re in college. Matt Moyer was 66 and Mookie Jones was 43. Neither did anything for us.
Guerrier averaged 20min/game over 32 games. I agree with you on rankings. Mookie was the only one who came to mind when I was thinking about this. Rak and Roberson still played and looked terrible, and Benny was behind a Boeheim and Swider so it doesn't change the comparison. The only real point is its more likely Benny makes a major leap than if he falls flat. I think it's much easier to be hopeful for him than when we watched...Mookie

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom